Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at least for a few short weeks until I finish up my twin turbo build. Big thanks to Kevin at CSU, he has extremely good customer communication and is very patient and helpful to those of us (me) who isn't real familiar with this.

Building twin turbo, twin intercooled, blow thru BBC 496 in a lake boat Youngblood TX-20. Will have plenty pics to post in the official build thread soon to follow!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pic of my inter-cooler. Getting custom aluminum lasered brackets to mount 4" on top off valve cover. going to look sick! then wrap back around into a Wrenchrat turbo 2-1 y then into the EV pro hat! Sorry i build transmissions and my tables a mess! hehe

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Hell of an idea! but is it alot to deal with when dealing with valve train situations? I seem to always have my V-covers off for one reason or another......

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually ran all last season with em on.. but just two extra silicone boots to remove if i do need to pull off? maybe 5 min extra work time, so not too bad if you ask me. Should be simple and efficient.

·
Registered
310 Posts
pic of my inter-cooler. Getting custom aluminum lasered brackets to mount 4" on top off valve cover. going to look sick! then wrap back around into a Wrenchrat turbo 2-1 y then into the EV pro hat! Sorry i build transmissions and my tables a mess! hehe
I'd be suspect of that style of intercooler on a build of that potiential. I bet it doesn't flow anywere enough for that motor (even x2 of them)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be suspect of that style of inter-cooler on a build of that potential. I bet it doesn't flow anywhere enough for that motor (even x2 of them)
i thought the same thing and i called the manufacturer and told them my potential and my combo and the said it would be fine. i guess we will see...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts