Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up last week, its a really clean boat, have had it out twice with no issues, it has a tom papp 454 with a little b&m 144, it ran 75 mph at 5400 rpm with my old lady and I in it, still need to fine tune some things, has a set back berk with all the goodies, just wanting some opinions of doing OT exhaust on it, the motor is really close to the back of the hull and at idle in the water everything gets soaked back there (wiring, distributor, msd box, ect), I was thinking of doing an aluminum or lexan plash gaurd but it won't really help since the water lands on the motor like rain and not a wave, anyways just wanted some opinions, thanks for looking!

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Cool ride. Congrats

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
IMO if it's a jet boat, it needs OT headers on it :cool:

Nice ride

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nice ride! She's set up nicely. If you're planning on installing swim steps the stay with thru the transom exhaust. I recently switched to o/t and i don't get that splashing up effect at idle like I used to when I had thru transom. However, now I get water in different areas because of the weep holes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I'm either going to try a set of bassets or something similar or build some at my shop

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
nice looking boat. That is the old southwind formula 1 t deck mold. I remember when that boat was at Tommys.

Congrats and enjoy!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, would anybody be interested in this through transom indmar exhaust, its in really good shape, I would hate to pull it off and have it sitting around, it will also give me an excuse to start building my new headers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts