Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't worked on this since Janurary but got quite a bit done this week. I only work on this in my spare time and still have a ways to go. I know I like to see other peoples progress so here are some pics.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Yes this is going to be a lake hot rod. Saddle tanks and everything. My 12 year old daughter thinks she wants to race it when she turns 16 but we'll see.The engine isn't anything special. It's a 468 with decent internals and a blower shop 871. This is the engine that Milton ran in his white canyon when he first bought it. It ran 9.00's easy with carbs but that is a light boat. I miss having a fast lake boat so looking forward to finishing this.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Boat looks awesome Randy.

Hoping to see you guys in Phoenix.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Nice, I like how stout all the hardware is. Seems the modern trend is ultra-light minimalistic hardware, which is probably all well and good if your trying to break records, but for a lake or bracket boat, I say build it sturdy. Good job! F1~

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Very nice!!! That's bad a$$ that your daughter wants to race it. Pretty stout strut braces also!!

·
Just another Wannabe
1,208 Posts
Great to see something done absolutely right the first time around. And I love to see stuff overbuilt! Too many underbuilt hot rods at the local lake.
Randy, that boat is SEX! Have fun with it!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hardware

I've had to replace the strut braces on my Ram twice now so I thought I would build these a little stronger. I plan on using this boat on the lakes mostly and it is already a fairly heavy boat so I doubt it will make a difference.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Man I'm so jealous, I wish I could work on mine. Thanks for sharing the picks, great to see a project, we haven't had one on in a while. Except Honcho. Keep up the great work, any pics of it laying it down coming?

·
The member
3,244 Posts
Man I'm so jealous, I wish I could work on mine. Thanks for sharing the picks, great to see a project, we haven't had one on in a while. Except Honcho. Keep up the great work, any pics of it laying it down coming?

You could but ...........................................

You have been gardening instead? :(:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts