Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
neither is mine. However the sweet spot is no where near the top so i leave it alone. i dont need to compensate :D.
hil:) hil:) hil:)

·
Registered
383 Posts
mine either

mine is new. all the way up, and i am only getting a 4-5ft roost. here is what i get out of a stock setup( not a very good pic), no droop, snoot, wedge, or rooster booster. mine has adjustments in the cable, and the shifter. mine is all the way up. i want more roost so i bought a rooster booster. i havnt put it on yet. i would rather put on a droop, but my boat wont fit in my garage if i did!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
neither is mine. However the sweet spot is no where near the top so i leave it alone. i dont need to compensate :D.
nice :)

I just want a little more height...I don't want to go nuts.

I actually have a snoot in my garage that I would like to put on at some point, but I want to get some base numbers before I go messing with it.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
nice :)

I just want a little more height...I don't want to go nuts.

I actually have a snoot in my garage that I would like to put on at some point, but I want to get some base numbers before I go messing with it.
No need for roost. you already make alot of of envious with the twin turbos... Thats so bad ass!!!:)devil

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
you call that roost?

This is roost..

or

Yeah but look at how that one runs out of water halfway through the tail. The one in the video I posted is more like a firehose.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
Hmmm...sounds like a personal problem!! I personally dont like the real high roosts...the long ones look pretty cool though
i gotta get a pic of my nordic's tail, sob is super high and long, never had a boat that'd throw such a big tail.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
Cracks me up cuz that wasn't the reason I took the picture, but it is a good reference point. :D ;)

How you liking that Nordic tunnel?
its ok and for sell, why you looking?:D its goin on ebay next wk;) i bought it thinking it'd work for my sbc turbo project, it won't, so i'm gonna move it on down the road. i've done a shitload of repairs to it, boat is very nice, best riding boat i've ever owned, but has a flat keel and i don't wanna be out 1600 to get the bottom done on it. for sale time:)devil

·
Sit N' Spin
1,345 Posts
get the grinder out my friend! a wedge would help it go bit higher, but it seems like the wedges put some pressure on the sterring cable and makes it feel stiff
That means your steering cable is binding. Probably need the steering extension with the pivot dealio and a spacer to get rid of that.

If he's got a really short tail like I've seen on a lot of stock diverters and no droop, a droop will definitely help him. In the video I posted above, I'm running an Aggressor droop with no wedge to get it that high. That's 7.5* up angle on that droop...would take a lot of wedging to get it that high without a droop.

The only thing I have against grinder mods is that you can only go so far before you expose the inner nozzle ring and risk blowing it out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.