Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the time to pull the pics off the camera and resize them.

Anyway I wanted a ski pole that was removable, tall enough that I could ski around the boat and not decapitate anyone with the rope, and it had to fit completely under the hatch when it wasn`t in use. There was nothing that I liked available on the market so I decided to build one. I ended up with a 5' piece of 1.75" 6061 aluminum for the pole and the brackets to hold it were all made out of some 1", 1.5", 2" and 1/2" black iron pipe. The 2" is used for the ski pole to slide through. If you slice a piece of 2" PVC you can push it into the 2" black iron outer and the inside is 1.75", perfect for the aluminum pole to fit into. The lower mount bolts to the stringers and engine mounts and the upper braces off the heads and the thermostat hole on the intake (I`m not running a t-stat or cooling through that hole). When the pole is removed I put a holder for it on the back of the seat so its always in the boat.

Anyway heres some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the bilge was nasty when I put the ski pole in. The motor that I had just pulled out had puked a bunch of oil out on the last ride. Swapped the motor out, put the pole in, and I cleaned the bilge out after I put the pole in. Looks much better now, too bad I didn`t have enough time to gelcoat the bilge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts