Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant run it anymore this year due to weather, so I thought I could run it on the WWW..... lol

Thought I would post a few pics of the jet as they are a dying novelty here in Indiana, well central anyway, but I have to thank my father for getting me into them when I was just a lil tyke, LOVE EM,,,,,,he had over7 jets while growing up.

It has a 468 BBC balanced, roller set up, 12:1 compression, and an American Turbine Pump......

Any and all comments are welcome

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
I cant run it anymore this year due to weather, so I thought I could run it on the WWW..... lol

Thought I would post a few pics of the jet as they are a dying novelty here in Indiana, well central anyway, but I have to thank my father for getting me into them when I was just a lil tyke, LOVE EM,,,,,,he had over7 jets while growing up.

It has a 468 BBC balanced, roller set up, 12:1 compression, and an American Turbine Pump......

Any and all comments are welcome

Mike

Sweet ride, my first jet was an 88 Carrerra, 5 shades of red gel with a black hull

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Nice sled you have there, have to come up to Michigan and play next summer, lots of hod rod boats up there.

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,075 Posts
Welcome to the ride!!!

The finish on your boat looks really nice in pictures. Stay with us and we may possibly get you through the winter months ,unless you ask too many questions like H.J. ...Dont ask,let it go!!! EDIT...I jusrt re-read your 1st post, been in jets that long, 12
:1 comp...you wont be asking the same questions...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very nice boat man, we can thank our Dads for this................. he still has a mean old boat called gold finger.:)devil

·
Registered
335 Posts
That is one very clean and well executed ride you have there! Be VERY proud of it!

Someday I'll have one that looks that good, :)

Ray

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Beautiful boat! That 468, especially with 12:1 compression, is being choked by the inlet and outlet that are bolted on. Correct me if I am wrong, but a jet doesn't have much use for a dual-plane intake? Or a Quadrajet for that matter. A nice single-plane with a larger Holley or Demon would definitely up the ante. Similarly, rip those logs off of the exhaust and put some real headers on there.

Normally, I wouldn't even have anything to comment on with such a nice boat. And, I am not disrespecting the boat at all. I just see tremendous potential that is untapped. That motor is trying to pull more and push more air and fuel than that intake/exhaust setup can respectfully offer.

·
Young Junior Member
319 Posts
Dads rock!!

i inherited my fathers boat, 77 nordic...not as plush as this one though:D
one day it will be though...one step at a time, never getting rid of it!

·
Young Junior Member
319 Posts
Beautiful boat! That 468, especially with 12:1 compression, is being choked by the inlet and outlet that are bolted on. Correct me if I am wrong, but a jet doesn't have much use for a dual-plane intake? Or a Quadrajet for that matter. A nice single-plane with a larger Holley or Demon would definitely up the ante. Similarly, rip those logs off of the exhaust and put some real headers on there.

Normally, I wouldn't even have anything to comment on with such a nice boat. And, I am not disrespecting the boat at all. I just see tremendous potential that is untapped. That motor is trying to pull more and push more air and fuel than that intake/exhaust setup can respectfully offer.
huh?:)sphss

·
Registered
335 Posts

"Let it be, Let it be" A classic boat like that (and my new to me Sleek) should be best left alone, IMHO. Sometimes it's not all about horsepower. (I say that tongue in cheek, as I'm about to do something really out of the ordinary to mine, but still classic and old school).

Still awestruck at that thing! Too pretty to get wet almost!

Ray

1 - 20 of 23 Posts