Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last monday i sent my prop to bronson hill props in santa ana (nothing wrong with my prop) i had them do there pro tune on it they shaved it made it sharp as hell balanced it and polished the shizz out of it. i just got it back today damn it purrty. they say i sould see about 300 more rpm and about 2-4 mph in top end. i cant wait to try it on the 31st great guys over there great price.:)devil

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Those labbed props love to find rocks, be careful. Also, curious to see what it does at mid range cruising. Labbed props I have had in the past helped top end, but hurt mid range cruising.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those labbed props love to find rocks, be careful. Also, curious to see what it does at mid range cruising. Labbed props I have had in the past helped top end, but hurt mid range cruising.

i will find out not this weekend but next and ill give a report:D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
My guess is on the low end. 200rpm/2mph. Let us know.
I agree, I've taken my prop back there so many times, I don't even know what fuggin pitch it is these days.

With the tuned prop and a pair of Lightnings, I gained about 5mph though, CHEAP speed for sure. :)

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking about it, but this was all I needed to get me on the bandwagon... who's the go-to in Havasu?

you can ship your prop to bronson hill and he will ship it back (on your dime) about 8 day turn around

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you take any "before" data with a GPS? How close were you to the rev limiter with the old prop? Hill should have asked those questions before starting. Only way to get a true baseline is to have 2 props, stock and blueprinted, run on the same day. Weather and weight will change your performance. 2MPH for $250 is a good deal, but it could also change your low to mid range. Not necessarily for the better. I don't know where you keep your boat, but you may want to invest in a prop lock. That thing is now worth 7-9 hundred bucks. Enjoy

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you take any "before" data with a GPS? How close were you to the rev limiter with the old prop? Hill should have asked those questions before starting. Only way to get a true baseline is to have 2 props, stock and blueprinted, run on the same day. Weather and weight will change your performance. 2MPH for $250 is a good deal, but it could also change your low to mid range. Not necessarily for the better. I don't know where you keep your boat, but you may want to invest in a prop lock. That thing is now worth 7-9 hundred bucks. Enjoy
yes i was asked all the above questions i was only turing 4400 rpm and my limit is 4800 so im good there. i have all my data from when i ran my boat with the stock prop and i will compare it to my new numbers next week:D prop lock will be purchaced tomorrow at the bass pro shops. you are the 3rd person to comment on the mid range so we will see what happens

1 - 14 of 14 Posts