Performance Boats Forum banner

my tweeked and tuned prop

1120 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  HWLaser23
so last monday i sent my prop to bronson hill props in santa ana (nothing wrong with my prop) i had them do there pro tune on it they shaved it made it sharp as hell balanced it and polished the shizz out of it. i just got it back today damn it purrty. they say i sould see about 300 more rpm and about 2-4 mph in top end. i cant wait to try it on the 31st great guys over there great price.:)devil
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Ok I have to ask,,,what was the cost?

250. is that a lot? i thought it was a good deal

Thats sounds real good to me:)devil
Those labbed props love to find rocks, be careful. Also, curious to see what it does at mid range cruising. Labbed props I have had in the past helped top end, but hurt mid range cruising.
Those labbed props love to find rocks, be careful. Also, curious to see what it does at mid range cruising. Labbed props I have had in the past helped top end, but hurt mid range cruising.

i will find out not this weekend but next and ill give a report:D
$250 is that a lot? i thought it was a good deal
That is not bad at all for todays prices over all, Like anything over time things just need to go up to keep up.;)
My guess is on the low end. 200rpm/2mph. Let us know.
My guess is on the low end. 200rpm/2mph. Let us know.
I agree, I've taken my prop back there so many times, I don't even know what fuggin pitch it is these days.

With the tuned prop and a pair of Lightnings, I gained about 5mph though, CHEAP speed for sure. :)
I was thinking about it, but this was all I needed to get me on the bandwagon... who's the go-to in Havasu?
I was thinking about it, but this was all I needed to get me on the bandwagon... who's the go-to in Havasu?

you can ship your prop to bronson hill and he will ship it back (on your dime) about 8 day turn around
cheapest mod out there!! Hell, a pair of water jacketed headers run 3k and get about the same results.
Did you take any "before" data with a GPS? How close were you to the rev limiter with the old prop? Hill should have asked those questions before starting. Only way to get a true baseline is to have 2 props, stock and blueprinted, run on the same day. Weather and weight will change your performance. 2MPH for $250 is a good deal, but it could also change your low to mid range. Not necessarily for the better. I don't know where you keep your boat, but you may want to invest in a prop lock. That thing is now worth 7-9 hundred bucks. Enjoy
Did you take any "before" data with a GPS? How close were you to the rev limiter with the old prop? Hill should have asked those questions before starting. Only way to get a true baseline is to have 2 props, stock and blueprinted, run on the same day. Weather and weight will change your performance. 2MPH for $250 is a good deal, but it could also change your low to mid range. Not necessarily for the better. I don't know where you keep your boat, but you may want to invest in a prop lock. That thing is now worth 7-9 hundred bucks. Enjoy
yes i was asked all the above questions i was only turing 4400 rpm and my limit is 4800 so im good there. i have all my data from when i ran my boat with the stock prop and i will compare it to my new numbers next week:D prop lock will be purchaced tomorrow at the bass pro shops. you are the 3rd person to comment on the mid range so we will see what happens
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.