Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
looks like a good excuse to buy some AFR's for next year! (that's what I told my old lady last year):happy:

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
geez tim, that sucks. how do you break an intake valve? you really gotta work at that stuff... this begs for a gn analysis...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
geez tim, that sucks. how do you break an intake valve? you really gotta work at that stuff... this begs for a gn analysis...
Ya know, I was thinking exactly the same thing. An intake valve? Really? I got nothing. Thought MAYBE he could have gotten the cam advanced enough to smack the intakes but there is nothing in the pic to say that.
Possibly, just possibly, fleetimus just has some truely shitty luck. Maybe he should buy a lotto ticket, because his luck has to get better than this.
I would like to entertain getrdone's idea, but frankly, its nonsensical. Nothing new there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Holy shit Timmy!!!! I'm sorry. No doubt about it, between the sinking and endless motor issues, you've proven that that you named that boat perfectly and you've got the patience of a saint

I think I woulda taken a chain saw to her and bought a sailboat by now.

Sorry pard

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A little good news. I am picking up another engine this weekend. A little milder than this engine.

A scenario for the failure. I took it to CFW after installing the crank, bearings and rings. Builder error, I didn't tightem the distributor!! (DUH) Took off and it back-fired big time thru the carbs. Not once, but several times. It was suggested to me that could have damaged the valve. Possibly more valves, yet to be seen. Is that a possible cause of this carnage??

I actually have no complaints about my dilemmas. The engine has performed quite well. I accept that things can and will happen. I am re-learning things from my youth.

Just bear with this old man and we can all have some fun. Stay tuned!!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing to do with bearings!!! Didstributor was not tight. It backed off to 0* instead 36 advanced. Back-fired thru carbs several times!!!

·
Banned
293 Posts
You had more than just a loose dist.It started poping so, like most people think, you just jump on it to clear it out. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Getrdone, were you at CFW?? Wish I would have met you. It backfired and shut down. Idled back to shore and set timing. Ran fine. Get the facts if you would like to help me figure this out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wow. Your on a roll. You picked up your second know it all and possibly stalker with Geterdumb.
Good luck to you, you always pull thru from what ive seen here:thumb:.

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
Bad luck for sure

I wonder if it could of had a guide clearance issue

allowing the valve to stick open and get smacked

or a just a bad valve period

all in all what a shitty day

1 - 20 of 46 Posts