Discussion Starter #4
What were they used in?

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts

·
northern member
602 Posts
by the look of the flaps for the steering that is a old hamilton 753 . definately a 3 stage . not made by hamilton anymore but still very popular to upgrade with some as Tom said , the kodiak is a copy of that pump with an improved steering nozzle .

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Jon I'm told the Hamiltons survive the high speed Gravel dredge action much better than ours do :D:D:D

BTW I've always thought that looks like too much fun , Kind of a Malibu Gran prix on water and on Steriods !!

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guy wants 300 bucks for it as his asking price if anyone wants it for some reason.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You'd be best off to pay him $10.00 to keep that pump. You don't want that big of a hedache, believe me!
Duane HTP

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You'd be best off to pay him $10.00 to keep that pump. You don't want that big of a hedache, believe me!
Duane HTP
I don't want it lol but thanks. Thought I would let it be known that it's available.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
I wish someone would take two boats with the same hull, same engine and compare the "Hamilton" axial to a "Berkeley" high-pressure pump. The Eagle/Outlaw aluminum boats can be had either way. I think it would be an interesting Comparison/Test. I hear a lot of talk but never seen a direct comparison.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I wish someone would take two boats with the same hull, same engine and compare the "Hamilton" axial to a "Berkeley" high-pressure pump. The Eagle/Outlaw aluminum boats can be had either way. I think it would be an interesting Comparison/Test. I hear a lot of talk but never seen a direct comparison.
what do you want to see? The Hamilton/axial style will eat the Berk out of the hole even with less HP but will soon "hit a wall" in top speed even with signifigant HP. Mind you the hole shot with that big HP will blow your mind :D I bet a few designs out there could likely get on plane in reverse if you tried, they move so much more water and have a far better reverse bucket design

That style pump is awesome where you want all the other advantages of jetdrive "except" top speed.

FYI if that pump is complete and in "runnable" shape thats a great price.

·
northern member
602 Posts
xero pretty muched summed it up for ya . other than a loss in top end with a faster hull the increase flow volume of the axial will improve acceleration and control . sleeper i think the sprints all use axial pumps . cvxjet local builders here will put in whatever you want and the axial units would out number the mixed flow equiped boats by at least 20 to 1 inspite of costing more .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts