Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the throttle cable on my 21 Daytona and I can't seem to locate a cable end that connects to the Nicson gas pedal. The old adapter has a 10/32 female thread on one end and a 5/16" hole in the other. Through all my internet research, I haven't been able to find a replacement. I'm not sure if this was a factory piece, or something homemade.

If anyone has an idea where I might find this part or a comparable replacement, please let me know.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not sure if that is Nicson stock or not but can you unscrew the adaptor on the pedal and put a ball type connector on? I have two like yours and neither have that end. Interested to see if anyone else has the same as yours.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Not sure if that is Nicson stock or not but can you unscrew the adaptor on the pedal and put a ball type connector on? I have two like yours and neither have that end. Interested to see if anyone else has the same as yours.
My nicson doesn't have the end the op shows.

·
Some guy
3,614 Posts
I am replacing the throttle cable on my 21 Daytona and I can't seem to locate a cable end that connects to the Nicson gas pedal. The old adapter has a 10/32 female thread on one end and a 5/16" hole in the other. Through all my internet research, I haven't been able to find a replacement. I'm not sure if this was a factory piece, or something homemade.

If anyone has an idea where I might find this part or a comparable replacement, please let me know.

Thank you
I think if you look around you can find a rod end that would be 10-32 thread with a 5/16 hole. Might call Rex Marine, didn't see one in their online listing, but there was something similar that might be made to work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input guys.

I have looked into replacing the original piece with a ball joint style, but haven't found a ball stud long enough to get the cable end to clear the slot in the pedal mount plate.

I also considered a rod end, but can't find one with 10-32 female threads on one end and a 5/16 hole on the other. I may have to try to recreate the original piece with a scrap piece of steel or aluminium.

Any other suggestions or ideas, please chime in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check with mercruiser that is there piece. I have seen them before on many boats.
I've done every google search combination I can think of to find a duplicate of this piece, but haven't been able to find another one like it. If you have any idea where I might locate one, I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, after wasting way too much time searching for a suitable replacement for the original piece, I decided to just take an hour away from re-wiring the boat and make a replacement myself. Summer is coming quick and I have too many other things to get done on the Daytona to let this hold me up.

I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts