Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states... I am looking for a spark plug recommendation for a NA, iron headed 496.

Currently running cold (nitrous) Autolite AR13's and know it should be warmer.

Suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think you are going to need to give alot more info, IE. what comp ratio,are you running the nitrous or not. what do run the timing at? do you run a timing retard if you are running nitrous? how much nos. what kind of dist you running msd or mag system. what fuel are you running ?

whats going on with the plugs that you have tried and what do they look like?

The more info you give the better a shot at getting good info back to you. :thumb:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are going to need to give alot more info, IE. what comp ratio,are you running the nitrous or not. what do run the timing at? do you run a timing retard if you are running nitrous? how much nos. what kind of dist you running msd or mag system. what fuel are you running ?

whats going on with the plugs that you have tried and what do they look like?

The more info you give the better a shot at getting good info back to you. :thumb:
9.3-1
No Nitrous
32 degrees
MSD 6 with Pro Billet
Pump 91

Current plugs were hand me down from a blown 468 running a 200 shot. I can not find the plugs that were run in the 496, while it was a 454, so I do not have a baseline idea of what plug to start with.

·
northern member
602 Posts
i wouldn't want any hotter than a 6 ngk

·
Some guy
3,615 Posts
As the title states... I am looking for a spark plug recommendation for a NA, iron headed 496.

Currently running cold (nitrous) Autolite AR13's and know it should be warmer.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Jason,, did some reading on Autolite racing plugs just now,, AR13 is only one step colder than the 23 I mentioned to you on the phone. You can probably run more than 32 degrees of timing, maybe try 34 or 36 degrees I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts