Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to both Nacimiento and Don Pedro lakes? How do they compare? (size, general boating conditions, crowds, etc?)

Nac is our normal summer boating lake, but with the water so low we are interested in checking out some other options this year.

Thanks.

·
GO CELTICS
2,083 Posts
I have been to both Naci about four times and I go to Pedro every other weekend. Naci is nice because I dont go there very often but Pedro is really nice cause its full of water and I think there is more shoreline. IMO I would go to Pedro over Naci. But both are nice lakes hope this helps.:)devil

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been to both Naci about four times and I go to Pedro every other weekend. Naci is nice because I dont go there very often but Pedro is really nice cause its full of water and I think there is more shoreline. IMO I would go to Pedro over Naci. But both are nice lakes hope this helps.:)devil
Hey thanks.

Don Pedro is about 3.5 hours farther away for us, so we can't go often, but it's always fun to try someplace new.

How does McClure compare to Don Pedro?

·
GO CELTICS
2,083 Posts
Hey thanks.

Don Pedro is about 3.5 hours farther away for us, so we can't go often, but it's always fun to try someplace new.

How does McClure compare to Don Pedro?
McClure definatley has less traffic then Don Pedro if you wanna go with the family get some nice skiing in during the week it would be a better choice for less traffic. I like DP because I used to work there. But everyone has there choices if you want quiet and not to many idiots on the water I would hit McClure up but dont go there to late in the summer they let alot of water out early.

·
Just Crazy Site 181
77 Posts
I took my family there about 3 years ago totally by accident. We were taking a day away from a Yosemite vacation (i needed to see boats). I remember is was beautiful and huge. Question for you Eliminator, what is the max speed limit on Don Pedro?

·
GO CELTICS
2,083 Posts
Don Pedro does not have a speed limit nor is it directional like McClure is.
Did you take that picture while it was on the trailer again:D

·
GO CELTICS
2,083 Posts
Pedro has a great firework show and for skiing 49er cove is wind protected with a good shoreline for wave absorbtion
Please dont tell everyone our secret about the fireworks shhhhh:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts