Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
You're right, there you have it. FC is so openly racist it's embarrassing. Nearly everything he posts attempts to put Blacks or certain other minorities in a bad light. He's never posted anything positive about a black person and very, very seldom does he post anything bad about white people. It doesn't get more obvious than that.

As far as the Mayor not evacuating Houston, I think FC already knows this, but no one with any sense would think Houston could safely be evacuated in the time it was known the storm would go into that area. And, no one forecast that much rain would fall. Had there been an attempted evacuation the roads would have been overloaded to the point that no one would have been able to move, even if there were no accidents, which there would have been. Hundred of thousands of people would have been stranded on the road with a hurricane in process. No one but a fool would think anything else would have happened. I believe Houston and immediate area is the fourth largest city in the United States. It seems that every credible source that deals with disasters agreed that what the mayor did was the best possible choice..
I don't know where FC get his crap, but it's no wonder he's hostile about something all the time.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My sister is in Houston as we speak,I ask her about evacuation.She said as bad as being stuck at home was,it would be far more risky to be stuck on some overpass or stranded somewhere away from home.
They may have to move at some point but for now the safest plan was wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
My sister is in Houston as we speak,I ask her about evacuation.She said as bad as being stuck at home was,it would be far more risky to be stuck on some overpass or stranded somewhere away from home.
They may have to move at some point but for now the safest plan was wait and see what happens.
I hope she is doing Ok. Was there damage to where she lives?

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
She lives south east of Houston so there was flooding all around them.But as of 9 am this morning they were still dry .
Good to hear. It'll be a while before things are back to normal. Water is going down in some areas now, but so many roads are still flooded.

·
Dank MayMay Champion
220 Posts
this is a classic example of putting all faith in the weatherman..

mayor: how bad is it guna be?

weatherman: partly cloudy with a chance of light rain

mayor: ok no need to evacuate

--------storm front hits--------

mayor: wtf weatherman

weatherman:

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
There is one group of people LESS trust-worthy than politicians........WEATHERMEN!

Johnny Ringo (Michael Biehn) from Tombstone paraphrased, "Kill 'em....Kill 'em all!"

Bville- I hope your sister comes thru ok......It's hard to watch how many have been affected by this storm....

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
There is one group of people LESS trust-worthy than politicians........WEATHERMEN!

Johnny Ringo (Michael Biehn) from Tombstone paraphrased, "Kill 'em....Kill 'em all!"

Bville- I hope your sister comes thru ok......It's hard to watch how many have been affected by this storm....

The difference is that the weather people provide information based on the information they have and their experience. They may not always be right, but I don't think they are lying. Politicians on the other hand tell you what you want to hear or what will benefit them or those who contribute to them. They'll outright lie and continue lying and then say the negative reports are fake news.

The weather people don't benefit themselves, if they were to lie.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
The difference is that the weather people provide information based on the information they have and their experience. They may not always be right, but I don't think they are lying. Politicians on the other hand tell you what you want to hear or what will benefit them or those who contribute to them. They'll outright lie and continue lying and then say the negative reports are fake news.

The weather people don't benefit themselves, if they were to lie.
Good Post!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts