Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
What would you like to know?

That is if you promise not to call bullshit on my info or call me a "bully" ! :D
Big Bully :)sphss

ps: Thanks havasubyou, There some great pics

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
I have a question about your avatar. Have things gotten some bad in NASCAR with the GM deal, that you guys have reverted back to running 409s? :)sphssOh I just know I am going to take a verbal beating for this one.:p

LOL....No, just trying to keep it "old school"! :D

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have a question about your avatar. Have things gotten some bad in NASCAR with the GM deal, that you guys have reverted back to running 409s? :)sphssOh I just know I am going to take a verbal beating for this one.:p

I just want to know how the hell you knew that was a 409???? some of you dudes know entirely too much shit...

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
What would you like to know?

That is if you promise not to call bullshit on my info or call me a "bully" ! :D
What's the machining around the lifter bosses?
Do some competitive teams still run the SB2's?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
go ahead warp,your fine i know this is a older sb2 motor but there is still some good tech info to be had from these pics,and im sure most of us will ever get this close to one of these engines.

how about the the pin oilers bolted to the block at first i thought rod guides or some kind of oil scraper.

this is just for fun,hope the pics are fun for all and the dyno sheets are cool also.

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
What's the machining around the lifter bosses?
Do some competitive teams still run the SB2's?

Just a little profiling for a slight weight reduction. That is how they came from GM/Schwartz.

We are still running them (SB2) in the Nationwide restricted cars (Daytona/Talladega). I think allot of teams still are because of the smaller restrictor plate any of the larger bore space engines (RO7, Toyota ect.) have to run. Not sure about the other teams on open tracks. We run RO7's everywhere else.

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
how about the the pin oilers bolted to the block at first i thought rod guides or some kind of oil scraper.

this is just for fun,hope the pics are fun for all and the dyno sheets are cool also.
Those oilers are used to cool the pistons. Ours were attached directly to the pan. Those appear to be connected to a manifold that acts as a pan spacer.
The RO7 has oil galleys cast into the pan rail and under the cam tunnel and run dual piston oilers per cylinder (inner and outer).
That appears to be an early SB2 due to the push in style freeze plugs that are pinned and epoxyed. The later versions, along with the CG blocks all had a screw in type plug.
Notice the lifter bores are not sleeved either????

RC on the main caps....Childress?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I just want to know how the hell you knew that was a 409???? some of you dudes know entirely too much shit...
The valve covers gave it away for me.
Gentlemen, its not a 409! There was more than little sarcasum in my post. Shame on me:D There is 1 to many scallops in the valve covers, and the scallops are little small. Could possibly be a 318 poly angle Chrysler though;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Gentlemen, its not a 409! There was more than little sarcasum in my post. Shame on me:D ;)
I was going to see if the hole was going to get any deeper :p

Nascar R07 Engine.

S CP ;)

Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
OK...I'll throw something out there...how about the compartmentalized crankcase.
304 stainless oil pan with lots of suckin goin on...
Pankl rods? Either Mahle or Probe pistons?
Bolt on hose end fittings
30mm belt? (hard to tell)
roller cam...
Pretty nice power curves.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
That's more like it.
Jay is such a tease with his avatar.

That's a damn "purdy" engine for a bow-tie, at least they put the dizzy in the right place.

S CP :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts