Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am watching practice for the pespi 400 on speed... Isn't there supposed to be a giant set of mountains out there??? Wow!!! early morning in October and its grey looking from one side of the track to the other...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I am watching practice for the pespi 400 on speed... Isn't there supposed to be a giant set of mountains out there??? Wow!!! early morning in October and its grey looking from one side of the track to the other...
Thats just the thick marine layer.AKA morning clouds that havent burned off yet.Makes it nice and cool though

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good to know.. This race can be so boring, without the great shots of the San Gabriel mtns, I don't know if I can stick with it....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fontana sucks I wish they would bank it and make it a super speedway. Or at least make it smaller.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
Most of what your seeing is the smoke from the Wrightwood fire I believe. I think it's contained but not out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can see the top of the mountain sticking out of the smoke smog now during qualifying.... Maybe sunday the wind will blow it all out of there...

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
That's how those mountains look pretty much everyday unless the Santa Ana winds are blowing or after a good rain. :)sphss My shop is in Fontucky and I look at those mountains everyday out of my office window.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am here and have been walking around and as it was getting light you could see the for rolling in! From the back stretch you couldn't see the stands!

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Thats just the thick marine layer.AKA morning clouds that havent burned off yet.Makes it nice and cool though
Yep, kept the temperatures down for us inlanders.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts