Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I just saw the tail end of a replay of a practice crash yesterday......Smacked the wall at speed, destroyed the car, one of the worst I've ever seen........Driver, Mc Dowell walked, yes walked, away from it.........Car is a total mess, rolled, bounced, flipped.........It looked 10 times worse than Dale's fatal crash, and the driver walked away............Says a lot about the "safer" walls and present day car construction........MP

·
Old Member
48 Posts
Wow, I just saw the tail end of a replay of a practice crash yesterday......Smacked the wall at speed, destroyed the car, one of the worst I've ever seen........Driver, Mc Dowell walked, yes walked, away from it.........Car is a total mess, rolled, bounced, flipped.........It looked 10 times worse than Dale's fatal crash, and the driver walked away............Says a lot about the "safer" walls and present day car construction........MP
I was watching it too. Hardest hit I can ever remember seeing.

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
yeah, nasty!

spinning a few times and being upside down while spinning, and then rolling 9 times... what a ride! no thanks.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
You see it just start to smoke/lose traction right as it goes out of view under the fence. Hard hit no doubt.

Nothing like wearing out a race car, during qualifying no doubt.

Brian

·
Registered
557 Posts
Did he get dizzy driving around & around in circles like that?

Ken

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thank god for the saftey walls and new cars, we were watching and could not believe he got out and waved.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool

Did he get dizzy driving around & around in circles like that?

Ken
Now we have seen one of the hardest hits lately, and read the most retarded response ever, on the same thread..........MP

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
.....Damn, that was horrendous. Gotta believe he's going to have some

........."Blood Shot Eyes" in a day or two.

·
I don't Member a thing
312 Posts
Looks like the "dog house" did its job well, front and rear of the car are total junk and the center just looks a little mis-shaped. UFB a guy could climb out after that wreck let alone walk away.

·
Pug Wrangler
102 Posts
Thank god for the saftey walls and new cars, we were watching and could not believe he got out and waved.
He may have gotten out and waved, but I guarantee you he had no idea who he was or how he got there. These drivers are so programmed to talk, smile and wave that instinct probably took over as soon as he woke up. The 00 car is hexed. Didn't Michael Waltrip's understudy wad that thing up exactly the same way at Fontucky? They had to wake him up via the radio and tell him his rig was on fire if I recall correctly...

·
Pug Wrangler
102 Posts
.....Damn, that was horrendous. Gotta believe he's going to have some

........."Blood Shot Eyes" in a day or two.
Bloodshot eyes? Maybe. But he will have two nice seatbelt stripes up his chest where the belts were. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sitting on an ice pack from swollen nuts as well. His boys probably got bisected by the sub belt on that hit:)sphss

1 - 12 of 12 Posts