Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a few years since I've been to the Nautical Inn and I'm considering going again. As I remember, the place was a little run down, but that was before they opened the beach suites. Has anyone been there lately, and also do you have any other recommendations for a hotel in Havasu for mid week?

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
$200 CREDIT PER DAY
Bring your boat or just come and relax on our beaches. Enjoy one of our suites on the water for just $200* a night. Included in your stay is a $200** credit each day for The Turtle Grill and all day use to the waterpark-It's like staying for free. Offer available Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday during the month of June 2009.

Call today and reserve your summer staycation 800.892.2141 or
visit our website at www.thenautical.net

See ya at the beach

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I still think it's kind of run down, but if you want to keep your boat on the beach or take advantage of their launch ramp it might make it worth it.

The Heat Hotel is nice, but you feel like you are at Kokomo's with all the loud music until late.

One good option is renting one of the King's View Condos.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
If I was doing the rental thing, I would rent a park model at the Islander. Great launch ramp, private area to beach your boat, or they do have docks. Nice clean/quiet park. www.islanderrvresort.com.
Just my .02

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still think it's kind of run down, but if you want to keep your boat on the beach or take advantage of their launch ramp it might make it worth it.

The Heat Hotel is nice, but you feel like you are at Kokomo's with all the loud music until late.

Is the music loud at Heat even during the week?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
We've done the cove rooms but I'd say rent a house on the the boards with a boat garage. I couldnt sleep with a nice boat beach over night in Havi. Sorry but true.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

What is boat parking like at the Heat Hotel?

·
Cobra 230 Razor
56 Posts
Nautical is fine during the week no one is there, they have security 24 hrs to patrol the cove and the rest of the property. nice family place...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry for all the questions..I'm used to Mohave and staying at Harrahs where there's trailer parking, and I've never had any issues with people messing with my boat.

Is there a sharp contrast between the Laughlin area and Havasu, in terms of security at night?

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
sorry for all the questions..I'm used to Mohave and staying at Harrahs where there's trailer parking, and I've never had any issues with people messing with my boat.

Is there a sharp contrast between the Laughlin area and Havasu, in terms of security at night?
Depends on where you stay. My buddies stay at Nautical once a month and never have had any problems. Kinda hit and miss. I would try the islander. What kind of boat do you have.

·
River Rat
337 Posts
If I was doing the rental thing, I would rent a park model at the Islander. Great launch ramp, private area to beach your boat, or they do have docks. Nice clean/quiet park. www.islanderrvresort.com.
Just my .02
Double Ditto..... The Nautical Inn is a DUMP...... We used to stay there every year for the Advantage regatta, but no more..... About 15 years ago, we had a mouse in our room that presented itself around 2 in the morning. My wife at the time (ex now) insisted on changing rooms. So there we were at 2am moving all our crap from one room to the other (I'm sure the mouse followed). A few years after that, we were there again for the regatta with our then 5 year old daughter, and someone was down in the cove playing some type of music that I'm sure no one on this board would feel was appropriate for a family event (like the regatta). Since they've put in the time share dealios, it seems that all they are interested in is promoting that....

We now rent a park model over at the Islander, and couldn't be happier. We will still head over to eat and drink at the Turtle, but love coming back to the tranquility of the Islander.....

If you enjoy being kept awake all night, then stay at the Nautical, otherwise check out the Islander......

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
I've never really noticed that place before. Looks awesome on their website! About how much do they charge for one of those park models?
It has been a while since we rented, I think in the $125 per night area, I am sure someone will post an answer. It is a really nice park!!:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
The rooms on the beach side are totally new at the nuatical. The cove is another story. We have stayed in the new rooms several times this year and they were great and a good price. I don't know how much now that it is later into the season though, might be pricier.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
The older rooms are complete dumps. But, you're paying for the location.. The Nautical needs to have more control on guests that are out of control, but they just don't seem to care that much about it..

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
Nautical is convientant with private launch ramp thats never crowded, a bar general store and restraunt with rooms 100 ft from the water and its more of a PARTY place. The Islander also has private launch ramp and general store, the beach boat parking is limited as there are lots of rocks but you can rent a dock. Very quite park especially after 10pm. Most rental trailers have room to park boat and truck. I believe the $125. a night for single bedroom model is about right. Most rental trailers you can't see the water from and getting to and from the trailer and the water is a bit of a walk with ice chest and other dailey boating needs (no parking by water).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts