Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Some guys never learn.
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody recommend a good Android navigation app for use on the Delta? If it ever stops raining I want to venture farther north and don't want to get lost.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I use google maps and save all my favorite places. Works great for me. I would be VERY careful going north right now. There is still a ton of crap coming down the Sac River. The SJR was pretty clean last weekend.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
x2 on Google Maps. I just put in the location I want to go to, then just follow the map manually. An app would be easier, but maps works great...especially if you have someone else in the boat to navigate.

·
Some guys never learn.
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will give Google Maps a try next time out (maybe Saturday).

Good info on the north delta. Not planning that until better weather. I've been thinking about cruising from Whiskey Slough to some of the places north that have cabins for over night just to extend the ride from a day trip. Any recommendations on places with decent food and maybe a bar that gets going a little?

I have been looking at Navionics also. That might be the choice for something with a little more detail.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,969 Posts
I will give Google Maps a try next time out (maybe Saturday).

Good info on the north delta. Not planning that until better weather. I've been thinking about cruising from Whiskey Slough to some of the places north that have cabins for over night just to extend the ride from a day trip. Any recommendations on places with decent food and maybe a bar that gets going a little?

I have been looking at Navionics also. That might be the choice for something with a little more detail.
Navionics is what I have on my chartplotter, "Good stuff" :))THumbsUp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts