Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys. What do you use for navigation lights for your flat's. I'm not going to put holes in the bow to mount regular lights. I have seen the suction cup flashlight style which would work, but what do you use for the white stern light? I don't have a scoop or air cleaner to mount it to. I have a single velocity stack.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Walmart has a clamp on style for the rear.

Personally, I don't have an issue making a hard mount connected to the engine for the typical removable socket deal in the rear. However, I've been rolling the idea around in my mind about installing some LED's on the bow, just below the "rub rail" line. I do appreciate the convenience of flipping a switch and not having to worry if the batteries are good in a flashlight style do-hickey. Let alone storing it in an already limited space environment.Still mulling it over.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Years ago, we used to cruise Parker at night, and we just used the flashlight/suction cup set-up, with the white stern light duct taped to the ski tow. Scares the crap out of me today thinking about it. There's nothing blacker than a lake/river at night, and idling around in a low freeboard hull, all it takes is another flat going faster than idle, pushing a roller from each side to sink you, let alone a bigger boat. We carried a battery powered floodlight as well, but it was still risky.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
just tape this one to a broom stick slide it between your ski tow................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts