Performance Boats Forum banner

NBA Talk

Tags
nba talk
8K views 171 replies 25 participants last post by  ivan dan 
#1 ·
It seems the lakers are choosing LO over Ariza. I would think they should keep Ariza and LO but if they can't keep both I would go with Ariza. Seems with Kobe going to get his max he didn't care about the rest of the team so why should Ariza. He will sign with Portland IMO......

The Clips moved ZBo for QRich which clears up PT for Griffin and also clears up cap space for next year. Ariza would be a good fit for the Clips but they only have the same to offer as the Lakers so we all know how that would end....lol

The Clips are going to be dramatically improved and hopefully will make the PO's....

#2 ·
Though Ariza made a huge difference this year, IMO LO is more versatile. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for both to come back but if it's one or the other I'd go with LO. With Detroit signing their guys, Trevor is going to find it hard for someone to give him the money he wants. From the article I read it looks like Clev, Rockets, Clipps, Raptors and Blazers are showing interest. Clev...LBJ is their SF. They don't have more money to offer more than the Lakers. It would be their MLE and he would sit. The Rockets...Artest is there. If they don't sign Artest, then Houston can grab him. If Artest leaves, he'll go to the Lakers. The Clipps...LOL. Ariza grew up in LA and knows about the JV team. Raptors...maybe but I think they'd like to sign Marion. Portland would work but they are after Hedo. This year is not a good year to be a FA. As far as Kobe, he DIDN'T opt out so they could have some cap space.

#3 ·
Any body else think that LO was only playing well cuz he knew it was contract time?

I would prefer the Lakers keep Ariza over LO, but that's just me.

#5 ·
Just in...
Real GM "NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday it is unlikely free agent forward Ron Artest will return to the Houston Rockets. League sources told FOX 26 the Rockets would be willing to offer Artest a one-year contract at best. The sources said because of that the chances of Artest resigning with Houston are remote.”

"LA is in the lead for Ron." -Daniel Artest (Ron's brother)

#16 ·
Only because they are the NBA champs and so forth......They are struggling on figuring out how they can keep both.

Still I say

F THE LAKERS

:)

Ariza won't leave if he fets the same money elsewhere.....

If he can get more somewhere else why should he not go that route.

If Portland signs Hedo then I agree with you about them not getting Ariza.

You Laker fans turn on a dime.....lol

#17 ·
Only because they are the NBA champs and so forth......They are struggling on figuring out how they can keep both.

Still I say

F THE LAKERS

:)

Ariza won't leave if he fets the same money elsewhere.....

If he can get more somewhere else why should he not go that route.

If Portland signs Hedo then I agree with you about them not getting Ariza.

You Laker fans turn on a dime.....lol
I don't think anyone has turned. Looks like all have said they wish Ariza would come back but if he signs some where else for the same money out of spite...f him. If he gets more money, good for him.

#11 ·
Ariza was offered 5.6 mil from the Lakers, he feels disrespected (oh please, he was a scrub til this year) Kobe certainly made him better. It is said he would take the same mid level from another team just to be spiteful (what an unloyal dick) The East is really building up this off season. Looks like Cleveland will land Ariza. What a disrespectful punk good rittens.

#15 ·
It seems the lakers are choosing LO over Ariza. I would think they should keep Ariza and LO but if they can't keep both I would go with Ariza. Seems with Kobe going to get his max he didn't care about the rest of the team so why should Ariza. He will sign with Portland IMO......
I think Portland is going to blow it's wad on Hedo Turkoglu. He will more than likely sign a $50-60 mil contract tomorrow when he is visiting Portland.

It kind of leaves LO and Ariza both without anywhere to go that really needs them enough to pay them big money. HOPEFULLY they both stay in LA but it's looking like Ariza might leave because his "feelings" are hurt.

I really wish the Lakers could/would ditch Vujacic. That guy is almost 100% useless.

#68 ·
We'll take Ariza. We need more defense off the bench to go along with Dampier and Bass.

Looks like we're going to lose Kidd(again :( ) unless Cuban can persuade him to stay.

#20 ·
He had some great plays, but mostly off Kobe......I didn't see him create anything for himself......again-this is a 24 year old L.A. kid, ACTING like some spoiled kid from LA.......seriously, you have one decent season-and think you're the shiznit.....lol. I bet ol Ron Ron is chomping at the bit hoping that Ariza follows through on his little pity party.......lol at the mindset of some of these fockers......

#23 ·
You are only reading the outside. LO has asked for $10mill for 4 years. He is currently making $11 mill, so I believe this will get done. Ariza is made because he wants $7-$8 mill per year, since Vujacic and Walton are making MLE money. But, the Lakers know that no team is able to offer him more than MLE, so he either takes their MLE and has a chance to compete again, or goes somewhere else for MLE. It is all hardball with the agent and Lakers right now, but Ariza has said he wants to stay. Kobe did the right thing, he actually helped the Lakers by not going max right now and keeping his current contract in tact. He was noted as saying he did it so "LO and Ariza can get theirs".

#30 ·
that past has proven that players develop and have great careers with the lakers, but players that leave have declined after the lakers. Hmmm...
i think someone needs to tell ta to have a quick talk with ronny turiaf.........as him how well getting that extra $$ makes for watching the team that you used to play for winning it all.......while you watch it all from your couch......lol
x2.

#35 ·
LO is schizo. I'd bank on TA way before LO. LO has a track record of medocrity until the very, very last minute. TA brings it every night and leaves it on the floor. I would be pissed too if I were TA. He had way more impact this whole season than LO did in his last minute come back from LA LA land. Let LO go if you have to in order to keep TA.

Artest rumors have flown and he's denied them. He would disrupt to team's flow. Sasha's in a slump, but he's a shooter and will be back. He's got tenacious D. He fell short in the playoffs and then got his time cut, so he couldn't work back into it. He will. Luke was a huge key for the team's success. He calms them down and helps bring some IQ into the play. We have a solid mix. I'd hate to see it fade with some hasty trades. Wouldn't miss LO. He can go play with Shaq.

I like Amare, but not sure on the trade. Bynum needs to get fired up, though. Don't mess with a proven success.

#37 ·
Artest, whose versatility and toughness have made him one of the most coveted and combustible players in the NBA, told CBSSports.com Thursday that he’s signing with the Lakers.

“I’m definitely going to L.A. — to sign, yeah,” Artest said in a phone interview. “Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I’m in L.A. right now.”

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financial manager’s office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

Artest’s exuberance — he spent the whole summer in L.A., including several appearances at Lakers home games during the NBA Finals — got ahead of the process a bit. Other teams that made overtures for Artest – including the Cavaliers — have not yet been notified that Artest is signing with the Lakers. (Consider them notified.) Bauman has spoken with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak, but parameters have not yet been agreed to. Still, it’s pretty clear where Artest is going.

“I don’t really care about the money,” Artest said. “I’ll play there for nothing. … L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me.”

#38 ·
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60289/20090702/artest_to_sign_with_lakers/

Ron Artest has told Ken Berger of CBSSports.com that he will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financial manager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

The parameters of the deal still need to be agreed upon, however.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me."

Artest has had a boner for the Lakers since he was a kid. He says he will play for nothing, so lets see if it is true! :)

It would be amazing if he took a few mill per year and the Lakers still kept Odom and Ariza, that would be sick! Artest has been hanging out with Odom all week and as many know they are childhood friends, I have a feeling Odom and Kobe had something to do with this, well besides the fact that they are the champions. :)devil

#39 ·
Look I'm a Ariza fan, he certainly picked up his game this year, but............between him and Lamar..........thats easy Lamar all the way, you can not teach height. Now as far as Artest and Ariza............Artest is a better defender and just finished shooting 40% from 3pt land for Houston. He would be getting the same open shots Ariza was getting. I believe Phil can handle Ron also............that being said Ariza is being unreasonable if he wanted to play in LA. 1 GOOD year and 5.6 mil per yr over 5 yrs is an insult:)hand

#70 ·
#40 · (Edited)
BREAKING NEWS......Lakers sign Ron Artest Ariza will regret this his whole life.
I'm definitely going to L.A. — to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now."

Artest told CBSSports.com that he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and already had spoken with Phil Jackson

#41 · (Edited)
I dont know how cheap the Lakers will get Artest, but if Odom is willing to take a little less than his asking, it is still not unrealistic to keep Ariza, especially with Kobe helping the cap space. I will not believe the Ariza stuff until it is finalized, he was pretty gung ho about coming back and this is all negotiations. Keep in mind, Ariza has not been anything until this year with the Lakers. Someone mentioned it could be like D. George who shows up for a contract and the Lakers get burned, maybe the Lakers are sick of that happening, like Walton and Vujacic.

As it is:

Bynum / Gasol / Mbenga
Gasol / Odom / Powell
Artest / Ariza? / Walton
Kobe / Vujacic
Fisher / Farmar / Brown?

Worse case they lose Ariza and Brown, they are still set for another championship, that is a BIG and STRONG starting line up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.