Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Mercury 5751 Weiand 256 blower w/ or w/o snout.Weiand fogot to locktite bearing plate when mfg.Bye bye blower.No replacement parts.Rotors and shafts bent.Was looking at Blower shop 250,but kinda pricey for what you get.Thanks [email protected]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is this blower at mooneyham right now?cause they got one over that looks like what your describing happened and its a mess:mad:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No,not at mooneyham's.Had it over at Superchargers usa.Tim is a great guy.I went to drop off the blower and he would not let me leave till he tore it down on the bench.We found out then that weiand never used thread locker on the bearing caps.Over time they worked loose and the rotors went out of time and pretty much trashed the blower.The rotors and shafts are bent.Weiand does not sell replacement parts.You can only get seals and bearing's.They are throw away blowers when they get hammered.If anyone out there has one,don't go more than 150 to 200 hours before you get them checked out.Tim at Superchargers usa is a stand up guy.Not to many people would spend the time with someone going over there blower.He worked for BDS for over 20 years and knows his shait!T he billet blower shop 250 is nice,but not worth $3,500 w/my snout.Mercury wants $5,900.00 for the blower,what a joke.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The Blower Shop can help you with that case and new rotors I think. And is the price you quoted for an intake/blower/all the bs? Or just the blower? Because they quoted me just over $3400 for a 1471 the other day when I bought my chiller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts