Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dominator intake manifold, 4150 carb. Yes I know they make them, but all the ones I've seen are cast with an ugly offset and they have "rise" built into them. I want a single piece, 1/2" or so tall. I have a 2" HVH Super Sucker that's going under the carb so the height is a real concern for me. Any ideas?

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
HVH introduced a Super Sucker not too long ago that mounts a 4150 on a 4500 intake.
They can be reached at (865) 573-9151.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HVH introduced a Super Sucker not too long ago that mounts a 4150 on a 4500 intake.
They can be reached at (865) 573-9151.
I know this, I just don't want to come off the $175 to get another HVH adapter. I'd really like to use the one I have. Thanks for looking out.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
There is this. Its a little hokey, but it does work. Maybe you could use just the main body and do soemthing like the Brodix adaptor that screws to the manifold with countersunk flat heads. If the SuperSucker you what to use needs long studs, you'll have to work something out. But at least this is only a 1/2 thick, and has the right taper to start with. Get creative! By the way, this is about 20.00 cheaper than Summit or Jegs.
LINK: carb adaptor

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
307 Posts
I really like those studs - especially useful for mis aligned holes in all types of assemblies. :)grn

IMO, the super sucker probably wont be very effictive when you adapt the smaller carb to it, sort of like using a oval port intake on a rectangle port head.

Doug

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help fellas, I think Pat (lbhsz) is going to whittle me one up, if not it's nice to know I have an option that's not going to cost me $150. On a side note, what's your guys' thoughts on the Super Sucker spacers?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I really like those studs - especially useful for mis aligned holes in all types of assemblies. :)grn

IMO, the super sucker probably wont be very effictive when you adapt the smaller carb to it, sort of like using a oval port intake on a rectangle port head.

Doug
Wow! I can buy studs like that? Ive always made my own:p
Leave it to mr assgasket....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts