Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an HD DVR for Direct TV? Mine took a crap and I don't want to sign a 24 month contract!

Tarek

·
Banned
123 Posts
dvr

Tarek call DTV and tell them you want to cancel your service they take you to a customer dept and will give you anything from free dvr's and movie channels and discounts. good luck and let me know how it went..

·
Next to this Hottie.
2,234 Posts
So your DVR was purchased not leased from them? Cause if it was leased, then they have to replace it without you having to sign a contract. You can also look on Craigslist, but get the ID number of the unit first and check with DTV before you buy it as some people are selling lease equipment and DTV will not activate equipment that is leased to somebody else.

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
I just picked up a new one at Costco a few months back.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tarek call DTV and tell them you want to cancel your service they take you to a customer dept and will give you anything from free dvr's and movie channels and discounts. good luck and let me know how it went..
I tried and they will replace it for 49.00, but I'll need to sign a new 2 yr contract, something I dont want to do.

All of the ones from Costco or any other retailer are cheaper, but you still have to lease from them and again, start a new 2 yr contract.

·
Is it Summer Yet?!
607 Posts
I tried and they will replace it for 49.00, but I'll need to sign a new 2 yr contract, something I dont want to do.

All of the ones from Costco or any other retailer are cheaper, but you still have to lease from them and again, start a new 2 yr contract.
Where are you located? I have a like new DVR 40gb?

·
Social
1,250 Posts
So your DVR was purchased not leased from them? Cause if it was leased, then they have to replace it without you having to sign a contract. You can also look on Craigslist, but get the ID number of the unit first and check with DTV before you buy it as some people are selling lease equipment and DTV will not activate equipment that is leased to somebody else.
Ours is leased and took a crap got the new one and they will not activate without us signed up for another 2 year contract....We just went thru this last night with them.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ours is leased and took a crap got the new one and they will not activate without us signed up for another 2 year contract....We just went thru this last night with them.
they're crooks and will continue to operate this way until sish network steps up their game.

·
Next to this Hottie.
2,234 Posts
You can try signing up for the protection plan, but then you have to wait 30 days to use it. Talk to the customer retention center, if the unit is leased, they should be replacing it at no cost and if they don't and you are not under contract right now, threaten to leave.

·
Social
1,250 Posts
You can try signing up for the protection plan, but then you have to wait 30 days to use it. Talk to the customer retention center, if the unit is leased, they should be replacing it at no cost and if they don't and you are not under contract right now, threaten to leave.
Sean talked to a supervisor and at the end let them know we would be sending our boxes back....

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
I lease my boxes through Dish and whenver they go out (and Dish expects them to go out every 3-4 years) they send me a new one right away w/out any contract extension. They give you 10 days to send back the old box or they will charge you.

·
Social
1,250 Posts
I lease my boxes through Dish and whenver they go out (and Dish expects them to go out every 3-4 years) they send me a new one right away w/out any contract extension. They give you 10 days to send back the old box or they will charge you.
Not according to the the numerous people we talked to last night???:)st

1 - 20 of 27 Posts