Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had hell all weekend with fuel volume on my nitrous. i flowed the plate saturday and the deadhead quikfuel regulator i'm using had to show 14psi just to maintain 10psi at the solenoids over a bucket. on the motor i guess its pulling it outta the plate faster than the regulator can keep up with so i need a regulator that is a log type, which only bypasses excess pressure, not "regulate it". the fuel pump can keep up with demand, just having regulator issues. i had to open the quikfuel regulator alllll the way open sunday just to make a 1000ft pass on the 1st stage :mad: tried to run the 2nd stage, and sure enough, at 3/4 track it'd shut the nitrous off till pressure built up again :mad: got beat once yesterday because of it shutting off at 3/4 track just as i ran this guy down:|err

anybody know of a log type regulator i can just bring 2 3/8ths npts fitting off of and maintain 10psi constantly? don't think a holley or quikfuel deadhead types will ever work, i'm gonna have to bypass to keep up with volume needed. thanx for the help fellas :)devil don't wanna go back on the 4th with a sick nitrous set-up ;)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure you want a "log" and not just a bypass (return type) regulator.
bud, i'll use whatever i can to maintain 10psi to my solenoids ;) got any suggestions? i'm open to anything.

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
A bypass regulator is what you need man

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
Not sure how many times that subject has been debated here but if you go to Hot Boat site and search bypass regulator you will get a ton of info.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANX FOR THE INFO GUYS :)devil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts