Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there was a pic floating around of someone weight their boat and it came in at just under or a little bit over 300 lbs on the scale, anyone have that link or pic? I can't find it. I am being told I am full of it because they "cannot make a fiberglass boat weight 300 lbs" LoL

~Brian

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
there was a pic floating around of someone weight their boat and it came in at just under or a little bit over 300 lbs on the scale, anyone have that link or pic? I can't find it. I am being told I am full of it because they "cannot make a fiberglass boat weight 300 lbs" LoL

~Brian
I remember that one. It is the starting post on the thread, I believe.:)bulb

·
About 500' AGL
2,471 Posts

~Brian

Its not a fiberglass boat its Carbon Fiber......

·
Registered
868 Posts
there are lots of boats that where 300 lbs or less for example my 16 texas was 285 lbs and mike millers is 278 lbs but thats a carbin fiber deal and its a tpr 19 .... it can be done :)hand

·
Flying Yanez Racing
1,706 Posts
My Brother-in-law, Blown Income, has a texas tunnel that weighed around 235lbs when the first owner owned it, but it blew the transome out it when it caught a wake wrong. After some fiberglass reinforcing they figure the boat weighs right around 280-300lbs.

·
Registered
598 Posts
you`re not "full of it". i`ve got a fiberglass earl smith texas tunnel that weighs 265 lbs. its thin as hell. drag boat only. would`nt even think of making a lake ride out of it.

·
Flying Yanez Racing
1,706 Posts
The boat use to be a ex-drag boat before they converted it to a river boat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts