Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It mounts behind the flywheel, pointing at the motor at the 11:00 position.
So where do I get a reverse rotation Ford BB starter in Tacoma ASAP?
Calling RE Electric in the AM.
Tacoma Marine?
Yikes

Thanks

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,139 Posts
It mounts behind the flywheel, pointing at the motor at the 11:00 position.
So where do I get a reverse rotation Ford BB starter in Tacoma ASAP?
Calling RE Electric in the AM.
Tacoma Marine?
Yikes

Thanks
Some Ford 460 Marine bellhousings that accomodate the reverse-rotation starter also have a starter pocket that accepts the standard rotation starter as normally mounted right alongside the engine block. Does yours have this feature? This could save you a few hundered bucks.

LO

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think I got 1

A few years back I bought a starter from Cope & Mcpheters in Sacramento for my dads Mastercraft which has a BBC. It mounts on the top of the bell housing like you need. The moron kid working parts sold me a starter that turns the Chevy the wrong direction so you can imagine when I tried to start the 454 it wound up shooting a 1 foot flame out the top of the holley. I wanted to throw the starter at the D-bag that sold it to me but luckily for you it is still sitting behind my seat. PM me and you can have it.

Bryon

·
Registered
75 Posts
A few years back I bought a starter from Cope & Mcpheters in Sacramento for my dads Mastercraft which has a BBC. It mounts on the top of the bell housing like you need. The moron kid working parts sold me a starter that turns the Chevy the wrong direction so you can imagine when I tried to start the 454 it wound up shooting a 1 foot flame out the top of the holley. I wanted to throw the starter at the D-bag that sold it to me but luckily for you it is still sitting behind my seat. PM me and you can have it.

Bryon

They can be hard to find.....I'd jump on this if the price is reasonable. Also, what happened to the original starter? If you still have it then just get it rebuilt.

·
Female Owned and Operated
304 Posts
Did RE Electric have one? They have always been great to me there. Otherwise check with Tony or Jerry Skagen, they may have a hookup. 253-939-8733.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.