Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious after reading this article on Trident, Would you need to buy your own screwdriver or should you get a billet screw driver and Caulking Gun for tightening the helm and deck down? The Caulking gun would be for cleaning up the silicone that was applied by a "craftsman"

Just Curious........

Attachments

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Just curious after reading this article on Trident, Would you need to buy your own screwdriver or should you get a billet screw driver and Caulking Gun for tightening the helm and deck down? The Caulking gun would be for cleaning up the silicone that was applied by a "craftsman"

Just Curious........

The answer you are looking for would be "How could I present myself as a complete jackass."

Brian

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts
Why hide behind an alias screen name?
That's all he has is the answer...

But, to answer his original question...

Mr. DrywallScrew said:
Just curious after reading this article on Trident, Would you need to buy your own screwdriver or should you get a billet screw driver and Caulking Gun for tightening the helm and deck down?
The article said nothing about needing tightening... the helm to deck joint was epoxied and through-bolted with 3/8" bolts every six inches and "Plexus" high strength adhesive. It was tight and strong, and will remain so for the life of the boat. Additionally, there are very few fasteners on the entire boat that you could tighten with a screwdriver. Less than 20 in fact, and they are stainless #10 screws holding cushioned Adel clamps in place where through bolting is just not possible. They are screwed into a non-wood backing installed during lamination to ensure that they don't pull out, and to re-iterate, are only used where through bolting is not possible.

Mr. DrywallScrew said:
The Caulking gun would be for cleaning up the silicone that was applied by a "craftsman"
Actually, it was 3M 5200 adhesive that has a seven day cure time. We completed the boat within days of the evaluation, and some of the caulking had gotten smeared during a final detail/cleanup of the boat, but went unnoticed because it was pure white against pure white. After a small amount of dirt/water etc... was introduced into the boat, the flaw became quite obvious the first day. By the end of the evaluation week however, we had repaired the flaw, cleaned the 5200 back up and it was again perfect for it's trip to Tennessee to the dealer. The article neglects to mention that, even though it was repaired prior to the "trailer test" team getting it.

Thanks for noticing though. It shows people are reading the article... something I didn't think was happening.

All the best!

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
Maybe this person could be found in the Cheetah thread?:)bulb

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts
It just occurred to me that this guy, in order for him to draw these conclusions, must think the helm and deck are held together with caulking.

Sorry bro... your boat may be held together with caulking... we just use it to seal joints from dirt and water entrapment.

·
Registered
35 Posts
you can find at least one thing to bitch about on any builders boat. unless jesus builds your boat, you will find something to complain about.
we hope your being cute. otherwise you sound like some of the other punk ass biotches around here trash talking.
bk

·
Registered
2,434 Posts

Just Curious........

Nice first post...

Or was it????

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Is it just me or does the "evaluation" lose all credibilty when it states "twin spearheads as in Tridents".

It's not "Bident Boats" fer fcks sake.:D

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts
Wes, No need to defend yourself or product to this jackass..

Nothing to see here...move along to the next thread:D:D

Quite to the contrary, I am willing to address any issues someone may have in public, and back it up with facts and accurate information if need be.

When the only hit on a brand new boat using new tooling, new bottom, new interior type and build, all proprietary hardware and 160 line items of proprietary billet work is a missed caulking line... I think we did pretty well... ;)

Plus, it was chicken-shit of them to mention it in the first place. Several boats there broke down multiple times during the week, one could barely roll over on plane with a 700+ hp engine etc... and they hit us for a smeared caulking line, while everything else in the boat that was caulked was perfect...

They caught the caulking, but somehow couldn't happen to notice the side swimstep, perfectly rigged wiring, Deutsch connectors throughout or the fastidious attention to detail...

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
The answer you are looking for would be "How could I present myself as a complete jackass."

Brian
Ditto: Well stated Brian.

What a jackass:|err

Sleeper CP :D

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
Multiple personality. Good call on the Cheetah thread whoever said that. Just in case anyone was not aware, multiple personalities are not allowed. You might or might not get called out in public for posting under a second IP.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
Sounds like someone got his feelings hurt :(

Glad the worst things people say about my boat is that the salesmen are snobs ;) Otherwise, I might have to try to sucker punch someone and have it backfire on me, also. LOL

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
People that allways gotto run thier mouth talkin shit about others boats just irritates the shit outa me! just fukcin bugs!!!!

Multiple personality. Good call on the Cheetah thread whoever said that. Just in case anyone was not aware, multiple personalities are not allowed. You might or might not get called out in public for posting under a second IP.
I say call em out, front em off! let everbody know who the tool is.

·
Former HB visitor
837 Posts
Sounds like someone got his feelings hurt :(

Glad the worst things people say about my boat is that the salesmen are snobs ;) Otherwise, I might have to try to sucker punch someone and have it backfire on me, also. LOL
I wonder if the arrogance level is a bit lower after the boat show?:)Unsure

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.