Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure im asking the right crowd here.. However... I have an opertunity to purchase a BBC with Blower for a very good price.. VERY good price.. What do i need to boat wise to replace my SBC with a BBC? engine mounts etc. I assume the rest would just bolt right up...

Specific parts if you know what ill need...

Also how much would I expect to get if i sold my SBC? Ball parks here..

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Depends on the year of the BBC and the year of the SBC, pre '85ish??? If yes then the rear mount is the same, the PTO is the same as long as they both use a flywheel or both use a flexplate, front mounts are different, headers and oil pan are different, this is of course me assuming that the boat itself will handle the extra HP.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
You have a three point mount system so you should not have mounting problems! All you need as Hotrod56 said is pan and headers! WT:)devil

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have a three point mount system so you should not have mounting problems! All you need as Hotrod56 said is pan and headers! WT:)devil

yeah im waiting on some more info on the motor it self... Need Dyno numbers to see if its actually worth it... If it just completly cooks my current set up that would entail new Impeller new shaft etc etc... no need in making my current jet into a handgrenade... If its too hot i might just get it and flip it.. We will see. Sure would like to step up my displacement.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
In the bank....

yeah im waiting on some more info on the motor it self... Need Dyno numbers to see if its actually worth it... If it just completly cooks my current set up that would entail new Impeller new shaft etc etc... no need in making my current jet into a handgrenade... If its too hot i might just get it and flip it.. We will see. Sure would like to step up my displacement.
IF it is a great deal, jump on it and put it under the bench. Take your time and find another hull you can use as a rocket while still having the sensible SBC powered toy/family boat....A blown BBC under the bench is like money in the bank. A dependable powered boat on the water is also valuable and now you have an opportunity to have both....There are plenty of hulls out there without engines. Believe me, you don't want your ONLY boat to be your first blown boat. Sitting on the beach sucks........Ray

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know ray.. i totaly thought about that but since i found out i was gonna be a daddy my wife has pulled out the Veto card pretty hard..... im not sure how she would feel about a second boat.. As it stands she told me i could have the BBC only if i sold the SBC to help fund it... Damn wife unit!!!:|err:|err

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Somebody would be stupid enough to take her! Just watch Jerry Springer.:(:( ps. I'll help you move her!

Naw shes actualy a great woman.. Im a very lucky man... She has not said no to anything i have ever wanted to bring home so i cant reallly complain...

PS: I said this cause im sure she gonna read it....

I love you honey...

But for real.. Ill pay shipping.. ;)

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Naw shes actualy a great woman.. Im a very lucky man... She has not said no to anything i have ever wanted to bring home so i cant reallly complain...

PS: I said this cause im sure she gonna read it....

I love you honey...

But for real.. Ill pay shipping.. ;)

BEEEEE CAREFUL! You should keep her! I was always told it's cheaper to keep her! A WHOLE LOT CHEAPER THAN THE OTHER! LMAO!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got to go see and inspect it.. Was worn out and would need thousands in rebuild parts and machine work. It was misrepresented as to what it was and the shape it was in. Not willing to drop that kind of time and dime on something needing that kind of work right now.

Remember kids.. If it sounds to good to be true then it usually is. Ill have to stick with my SBC for now..

thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts