Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, first post here.
I'll be picking this boat up tomorrow, traded for my 14 foot Fiberform Runabout with 70hp merc outboard.

boat.jpg

1972 SleekCraft
Fresh 455 Olds (helped put it together)
17 Foot.
Newly Reupholstered seats.

Anyone know what model this is, or can anyone confirm that it is indeed a Sleekcraft? It's my first jet boat, so I'm on a learning curve here. I spent a bit of time looking at pictures but didn't see any sleekcraft with curved windshields like this. Closest was maybe an Aristocrat.

I'll have more pictures tomorrow evening.

Thanks

Eric
So Cal

·
21' Bahner Sport
125 Posts
Hey everyone, first post here.
I'll be picking this boat up tomorrow, traded for my 14 foot Fiberform Runabout with 70hp merc outboard.

View attachment 368689

1972 SleekCraft
Fresh 455 Olds (helped put it together)
17 Foot.
Newly Reupholstered seats.

Anyone know what model this is, or can anyone confirm that it is indeed a Sleekcraft? It's my first jet boat, so I'm on a learning curve here. I spent a bit of time looking at pictures but didn't see any sleekcraft with curved windshields like this. Closest was maybe an Aristocrat.

I'll have more pictures tomorrow evening.

Thanks

Eric
So Cal

Looks like a Sidewinder but I think they were called a Monterey(?). I am sure someone will chime in on this

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a Sidewinder but I think they were called a Monterey(?). I am sure someone will chime in on this
Wow, I think you are onto something here. Haven't found an exact match, but far closer matches than the sleekcraft pics I've seen so far.

I hate waiting, 13 or 14 hours from now it will be here, lol.

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
You can google search the Sleekcraft Monterey and you can find more images of it, but here is a pic of one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can google search the Sleekcraft Monterey and you can find more images of it, but here is a pic of one.
Ahh, misunderstood before. I searched sidewinder monterey. Anyways, that's it. Thank you for the help.

I'll post more pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have it here now. Needs a little TLC of course, I think paint would be nice at some point. Didn't notice the windshield is cracked, kind of a bummer. Might be hard to hunt that down.

The jet is a BayJet. Looks good inside, need to check if any parts are available.

I'd like to switch the exhaust back to exiting through the transom. Would be nice to find the rear corner seats that were removed when the changed the exhaust.

I don't like the way some of the electrical is done, but that seems really common. I'll for sure be fixing that up. Don't want to get stuck because of something stupid.

Anyways, I'll have something to tinker with over the next few weeks. Maybe try and get it in the water at the end of the month.

Best part of the deal, I got $500 and this boat for my boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts