Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone here please help me with a recommendation for a family doctor in Havasu. I am looking for my parents. Their regular doctor moved to Phoenix. They called around to a few today and they told them that they were not taking on any new clients. My mom went to the emergency room on saturday with chest pains. Waited for 3 hours in the waiting room and she was freezing cold and had asked for a blanket a few times and never got one until my dad went into a room a just grabbed one. They both said that their service was horrible. After they were finished with the tests, they wouldn't give them very much information and told them they would have to get it from their doctor. They explained to them that they didn't have one at this time and again they were told they needed to get one and then their doctor could request copys of the tests. Kind of looking for someone pretty quick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
Try my Doc, Kristy Whelan, DO or Ralph Hade, MD at Cornerstone Family Healthcare. 928-680-3388

Unfortunately, more people may be in this situation as more Doctors decline new MEDICARE patients with the coming "Hope and Change".

Hope your Mom's OK.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can try DR. Woo, have gotten DOT physicals their they seem to get ya in fairly quick 928-453-3330

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys. I will find out who they have already talked to in the morning and then go from there.

Hi John, great idea. Didn't think of that. I will call Bob also in the morning. ;)

·
6,873 Posts
I know I am gonna take heat , but you asked I will be very frank with you.....
Havasu medivacs BY AIR to phoenix or vegas for a broken arm
Do I need to say more.....
Tell your parents to move to a more HOSPITAL friendly place, hence the word HOSPITAL in bold

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Tell your parents to move to a more HOSPITAL friendly place, hence the word HOSPITAL in bold
Can't you EVER say anything nice!!! I have NEVER had an issue with health care here!!
Instead of telling them not to move here, maybe YOU need to boat somewhere else!! You might get a hangnail from thumbing your nose at us locals.:)grn

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You know Killer, that is really something to think about before moving there or while just being out there for the weekend. I know Havasu doesn't have a Trauma Center there and I have never been to their Emergency Center or heard anything either good or bad about it until now. What if something happens to you or a family member that will require this service? I never really thought about it while out there. I don't think our health care provider covers Airvac. In case something bad happens, that extra time could mean life or death. Could Havasu justify having a Trauma Ctr? It's a little frightning now that I think about it.

·
1,278 Posts
Try my Doc, Kristy Whelan, DO or Ralph Hade, MD at Cornerstone Family Healthcare. 928-680-3388

Unfortunately, more people may be in this situation as more Doctors decline new MEDICARE patients with the coming "Hope and Change".

Hope your Mom's OK.
X2

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

Hope your Mom's OK.
X3
We use Dr. Kristy Whelan also for the last 4-5 years. She has been excellent.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again everyone. On the phone right now trying to get her in with someone.

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
X2

·
6,873 Posts
Can't you EVER say anything nice!!! I have NEVER had an issue with health care here!!
Instead of telling them not to move here, maybe YOU need to boat somewhere else!! You might get a hangnail from thumbing your nose at us locals.:)grn

NICE
ITS THE FRICKEN TRUTH.
havasu hospital can not accomadate serious emergencies.....
And yes the almost three years I lived there , That was a big concern of mine...

Its the locals who thumb their noses at everyone else in that town

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let me tell you all. This has turned into a real bad situtation. Dr. Whelan could not see my mom until Nov 10th. I called Dr Dux's office and he was not taking anyone else at this time either. Over labor day one of my girls had something going on with one of her eyes and we took her to the Urgent Care there. Got her in right away and were very nice. I called down to them to see if there was anything they could do. The receptionist said to me "let me see what I can do". She called me back shortly and told me to get my mom to Dr. Dux's office at 11:15 this morning and his assistant would take alook at her but he could not since he was booked up. They set her up with an appointment back at the hospital tomorrow for more blood tests! What a fricken mess!

I don't know what the hell is going on out there, but it sure isn't good! :mad:

·
Razor Wire Militia
741 Posts
Let me tell you all. This has turned into a real bad situtation. Dr. Whelan could not see my mom until Nov 10th. I called Dr Dux's office and he was not taking anyone else at this time either. Over labor day one of my girls had something going on with one of her eyes and we took her to the Urgent Care there. Got her in right away and were very nice. I called down to them to see if there was anything they could do. The receptionist said to me "let me see what I can do". She called me back shortly and told me to get my mom to Dr. Dux's office at 11:15 this morning and his assistant would take alook at her but he could not since he was booked up. They set her up with an appointment back at the hospital tomorrow for more blood tests! What a fricken mess!

I don't know what the hell is going on out there, but it sure isn't good! :mad:
there are several Dr's in FPS were Dux's is maybe one of them is taking new patients

1 - 20 of 20 Posts