Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in How to, but probably will get more attention here:

I am installing a 2" Gaffrig mechanical fuel pressure gauge. Got 20' of -4 braided line to run from the motor to the gauge with a male fitting to screw into the manifold and female to attache to the back of the gauge. When i went to put it all together, the male end on the back of the gauge is slightly smaller thant the -4 fitting. When I looked at the diagram that came with the gauge, it only shows a set up to attach a little nylon line with a preassure fitting then same way my boost gauge connects. What fitting to I need to attach the -4 line to it? I am not about to run a tiny nylon line for fuel.....

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a nylock connector or similar... take a pic.
I thought I would get that response :|err should've snapped pics before I left for work. I will get them up this afternoon but what you are describing I belive is what it is

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it's a 1/8" pipe on the back of the gauge. You will need and A/N to pipe adapter.
That's what I thought but it is a slightly smaller than that. I have a male to male pipe adapter for the other end so It can screw into the manifold and I compared it to the end on the guage and they are not the same size

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The gauge is 1/8 npt. I used a 1/8 npt to #4 JIC adapter on mine. You can get them at hose supply places or plumbing stores. If you tell them #4 AN, most plumbers wont know what you are talking about. I also used white thread sealant on mine but, on the threads only.

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The gauge is 1/8 npt. I used a 1/8 npt to #4 JIC adapter on mine. You can get them at hose supply places or plumbing stores. If you tell them #4 AN, most plumbers wont know what you are talking about. I also used white thread sealant on mine but, on the threads only.
Thanks mitch! Did you use the plumbers tape on the manifold end too?

·
Seriously off center
2,442 Posts
A better (and safer) way to run a mechanical fuel pressure gauge is use an isolator instead of a long run with fuel in it. It costs a bit more to plumb it properly, but it beats the possibility of fuel leaking in an inaccessible location.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I used the Teflon paste with PFT or somthing like that. I bought it at the auto parts store and it is made for oils and fuels. I looked at the isolater deal, and thought about it, but, I decided on the braided line that was pressure tested at the hose place. I always check all my fuel fittings before I launch anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts