Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking for loader grates suggestions . the boat is a mach 1- v bottom , boat runs 78 mph with a grate that was a inch lower then the bottom of the keel. and was only held on by two bolts. moved up and down in the intake in the back

engine

forged 557ci
iron super cobra jet heads
and a 1050
618 hp

pump

berkley split bowl
a impeller
PD droop
PD diverter

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You can talk to Jack @ MPD, or Chris @ B1...what ever you do drill through the intake and get 4 bolts in that! things could get Bad-Fast!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This in my first boat so , got it with a stock 460 and put my engine in it. For what ever reason, the 2 back hole nearest the transom are already thru bolts but frontshe are not

·
Registered
877 Posts
Cant really tell but does the loader have reinforcment betwern the two upright parts. Could be a pretty good loader as it sits if so

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
This in my first boat so , got it with a stock 460 and put my engine in it. For what ever reason, the 2 back hole nearest the transom are already thru bolts but frontshe are not
with the engine installed, could you even get to the front of the intake to put nuts on the screws if it were drilled through? not uncommon to see just the rear two holes drilled through for nuts on top, with the front holes original. no matter what loader it is, you need to remove it a couple times a year at least, check for any cracks or deformities, scrub all the rust off of it. having a loader break can turn into a really bad day.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I would run that the way it is. Take a sideways picture of it installed. Looks similar to a mpd loader.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
If it is a mpd loader that would make sense the previous owner had the pump redone before I bought the boat.

On a side note I figured I have been running the boat with just the two front bolts in it and the grate hanging down .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was able to get it back in and get 4 bolts in it . It looks to be good now that it's not hanging off the two front bolts . Was told to cut the ramps back so that they are about 1/8 inch below the keel . I will put it on the mill and cut them back and coat the loader with por15 rust protectant and see how she runs. Thanks for all the advice .

Attachments

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Have it crack checked before cutting on and bolting back in. Could be cracked and worthless

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yep M.P.D. is what I thought when I saw the reinforcement. Be careful cutting it back. V bottoms like the ramps being more fwd

1 - 18 of 18 Posts