Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to Performance Boats. Happy to be here. I grew up on Lake Winnipesaukee, in New Hampshire. There were jet boats, v-drives, and anything else you can imagine. My parents bought ski boats as toys for us, while they did their thing in cruisers. It was a great time to grow up.

Recently, I thought my god son should enjoy the kind of boating I did as a kid, and bought him a vintage (1969) ski boat with an almost as old (1976) Mercury 650 outboard. Both were rebuilt in 2013 and the boat is sound. The repair slip for the outboard in 2013 states the engine says its a 650 but actually its an 850...

My question for you is can you help me identify the boat manufacturer. The title says Shasta. But I can find no info about Shasta Fiberglass Corporation building boats with their name. I know they owned Sidewinder, but the back of this boat doesn't look like one, and the hull forward seems a bit deeper than a Schuster boat.

When I titled the boat, Florida said there is no Shasta listed as a manufacturer in their database. They want to list it as a Sidewinder. Sidewinder of Wisconsin!

So if you guys could help me, I sure would appreciate it.

1.jpg thumbnail (23).jpg thumbnail (26).jpg thumbnail (27).jpg thumbnail (29).jpg thumbnail (32).jpg thumbnail (33).jpg thumbnail (13).jpg

·
Steve
402 Posts
Welcome to PB. Sorry I'm no help with the make of hull. Looks like it's in great shape for it's age. Awesome idea to buy this for your god son though. He'll have a blast running around in it.
:))THumbsUp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts