Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first JET boat a couple of weeks ago. Has a 455 olds with offenhauser intake and turbo thrust with a just rebuilt marine Holly 780 double.

On land, she runs perfect. great response, lots of power, sounds perfect.

Once on the water... it seems to flood out constantly. Will run great for a 1/8 mile then flood out and die.

I've tried all the combinations of mix & float settings with no noticeable difference.

Any idea's?

· Premium Member
7,314 Posts
Just bought my first JET boat a couple of weeks ago. Has a 455 olds with offenhauser intake and turbo thrust with a just rebuilt marine Holly 780 double.

On land, she runs perfect. great response, lots of power, sounds perfect.

Once on the water... it seems to flood out constantly. Will run great for a 1/8 mile then flood out and die.

I've tried all the combinations of mix & float settings with no noticeable difference.

Any idea's?
Lets please clarify "flooding" are you saying you drive the boat out and then it bogs and dies out ? if so whats it take to get a "relight" when what you describe as flooding happens do you have fuel "boiling out of the vent tubes in the carb Is there a chance that perhaps your boat is actually "starving for fuel instead ? more info will be helpfull Tom

· Cajun Member
1,410 Posts
Lets please clarify "flooding" are you saying you drive the boat out and then it bogs and dies out ? if so whats it take to get a "relight" when what you describe as flooding happens do you have fuel "boiling out of the vent tubes in the carb Is there a chance that perhaps your boat is actually "starving for fuel instead ? more info will be helpfull Tom
If it's starving,draining tanks/adding fresh fuel and changing fuel filters could be all it needs,pretty cheap fix...;)

· Registered
912 Posts
fix's

Is there a wedge under the carb to correct the level? On the trailer the carb may sit fairly level, but on the water with the ass end sitting real low, all your adjustments are off. One bowl overflowing, another nearly dry.

Jerry

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, i just ordered a fuel preassure regulator and am changing the filter (any recommendations?). The wedge was my next thought.

It dies out when running and acts as if its flooded. Can see fuel sitting on top of carb after it happens when air filter is pulled off.

I think the theory that one float is overfilling and the other is near empty may be the case...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.