Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my buddy and I want to do a Delta run with the wives. We'd like to rent a house in Discovery bay for a week and spend maybe one night in SF.

What is best time of year to go? I'd like to go this fall but am worried about rain / cold so may have to wait until spring or next summer.

Any info on house rentals in Disco? Of course looking for one with a dock to tie up a 47 Fountain.

Any recommendations of site to see? Want to take a run and go under the Golden Gate and spend at least one day in the city. Any known spots for lunch / dinner in SF or Sausalito?

Anyone want to run with us as a guide?

Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
fall

my buddy lives in discovery bay he swears late sept oct is the best .he is a little older but thats what he says,goes towards sac alot.

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
fall is definately best ,workin in sf alot the water always looks good in oct weather is nice if you pick the right day!!. craigslist rentals you'll be surprised TUNNEL T

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
This is the best time of year to trip around the SF bay. We get a lot less fog and more sun than any other time of year.

The Horizon in Sausalito is a good lunch spot with it's own dock, and a deck on the bay. They've got the best Bloody Mary I've ever had. The food is good too.

Forbes Island in the city is a unique place to eat dinner. Food is top notch, setting is a little cheesy, but entertaining. Good chance of seeing a celeb too. Sean Connery was there about a month ago. The island is a converted barge that was featured on Lifestyles of the rich and famous.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
not sure how fancy you are trying to get but there is a nice rental house along the river right outside orwood that has a dock and nice yard right on the water...just not sure how big tthe dock is but have seen some large cruisers there hit up millhouse he stayed there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts