Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if I can swing the trip to Dexter next month. I see it's near Eugene and 10 hrs from here. Other than that, I know nothing.

My problem is that it'll have to be a family trip, so I'm gonna have to convince my wife and kiddos (mostly my wife..)

So what about hotels. Nice? how close to the track? What about "other" things to do, if they don't wanna go to the track for the day? Any body got any Pit pics showing relationship of track to pits etc.? (that part's for me..:)devil)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
There are a couple of places you can stay, the closest is in Springfield I believe it is called the Village Inn. There is camping next to the pits and the pits are right next to the water. If you pit next to the lake you can watch races and wrench at the same time. The hotel is about 15 miles from the lake. The kids can run around all over the place. You can see the timing board and the spectator area behind my boat. :)devil

Attachments

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a couple of places you can stay, the closest is in Springfield I believe it is called the Village Inn. There is camping next to the pits and the pits are right next to the water. If you pit next to the lake you can watch races and wrench at the same time. The hotel is about 15 miles from the lake. The kids can run around all over the place. You can see the timing board and the spectator area behind my boat. :)devil
Lake looks beautiful. Like pitting near the water:)devilThanks for the info. Think we'll go the hotel route.. My wife + camping = 1 unhappy camper. She likes her showers and a bed to sleep in. (me too, actually)..

If they decided not to come to the track for a day, what could they do? Any touristy things to do nearby??

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You bet, take a guided river raft trip down the McKenzie River.
No way. I'm not suggesting they do something without me, that I'd really like to do. :p

I was kinda thinking mini golf. A boring ass disney movie. Along those line..

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
You will not be disappoined with Dexter. A good place for the family and its a beautiful location. My advice is to get there early, as pit spots at the co-sanctioned race will be crowded. Good luck.

·
Registered
762 Posts
No way. I'm not suggesting they do something without me, that I'd really like to do. :p

I was kinda thinking mini golf. A boring ass disney movie. Along those line..
I'd bet your crew would rather do the river rafting. Take the roll bar boat or the Sanger:)devil with ya and hit the lake.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd bet your crew would rather do the river rafting. Take the roll bar boat or the Sanger:)devil with ya and hit the lake.
:)bulb.... What am I thinkin'?? I don't want to tow that far. I'm spoiled.

I'm thinkin' of bombin' up in the wifes car if it's a family trip, or snorin' in the back seat of Rick's dually, if I'm ridin' with him..:)devil

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hey Neil, drag the sanger, and I will meet you down there with mine. Is there room on dexter to hit the lake, while the races are going on?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Any links or names for good cabins/ lodges etc??? This sounds good to me.

Thanks for the pics. Nice blazer, by the way.

I broke down on my Harley up the river one (belt) time rented a room. Nice but dont remember the name. Went on the white water trip, VERY NICE. I thot the blazer was for sale, had a sign on it, but it was the boat for sale.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Neil, drag the sanger, and I will meet you down there with mine. Is there room on dexter to hit the lake, while the races are going on?
That sounds like fun, but I'll be busy helping a friend with his Canyon. Think we'll have something for those guys that weekend. Rick's got a new pair of drivin' shoes :)devil

You could bring your blown ride down and take me for a spin one evening though :)bulb Prolly just embarass my little NA deal..

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
I broke down on my Harley up the river one (belt) time rented a room. Nice but dont remember the name. Went on the white water trip, VERY NICE. I thot the blazer was for sale, had a sign on it, but it was the boat for sale.

Blazer has never been for sale. Still belongs to Jeff Green (fastvdriver).
Big block truck. very cool.

If you need anymore Dexter info give me a call 503-260-7046
Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Blazer has never been for sale. Still belongs to Jeff Green (fastvdriver).
Big block truck. very cool.

If you need anymore Dexter info give me a call 503-260-7046
Hope to see you there.
Hey that person behind the wheel looks like someone I know :) I was wondering if he ever did help me in the pits (hahaha).

hey thanks for putting up the pics that was a few years ago.

Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts