Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
They are whatever you want them to be Harlan. Every manufacturer is different and dimentions will change. Old school 60's style were ulta long and pointed towards the sky. Todays lay back low and tight to the motor. And everything in between. Rhinowood is making some nice new ones, dig back 10 or so pages and you'll see them. Want a used old school set? Try Chuck Taylor up in Cottonwood Ca. I'll bet he has at least one set for sale. His number is 530-347-9538. He has a huge inventory of early hemi parts for sale, some marine parts as well. You can also build your own. They are the easiest headers you could choose to build. J bends, flanges, and some flat strap for stiffeners. Hope that helps more than confuses, F1~;)

·
WHERE I AM IDAHO
925 Posts
i have had rewarder make both mine the wet thru transom in the raysoncraft and laid back zoomies in the kurtis both are excellent quality and price

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
392 zoomies

i'm guessing he needs the measurements to configure a wooden deck
i have the engine but the zoomies are not here. I am drawing plans for a wood boat for the engine. I need to know the engine compartment width.
My bbc headers use 10" each side from the flanges. Chrysler 24"+bbc 10"+10"+2"+2"=48".
I would hate to be tooootight!!!
Pictures when i start construction.
Harlan orrin

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Just saying hi!

Harlan: Are you still in the same shop, up in the hills? I have been at Havasu for quite a few years. If your ever out here give me a call...
Sandy Dells, I'm in the book.... email is [email protected]

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
i have the engine but the zoomies are not here. I am drawing plans for a wood boat for the engine. I need to know the engine compartment width.
My bbc headers use 10" each side from the flanges. Chrysler 24"+bbc 10"+10"+2"+2"=48".
I would hate to be tooootight!!!
Pictures when i start construction.
Harlan orrin
Give Matt (rihnowood) a ring. He can make you anything your looking for. Made a set for me that wraped up and around the deck for me on the hydro. Fit dead perfect. With no question they will meet your standards.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I have a set of brand new zoomies for a 392 Hemi. They are in the box. The only thing is that they are built old school, similar to the old Morse dry stacks. Pretty cool on a woodecker!
Mike
Prime Marine
909 484-8338

1 - 8 of 8 Posts