Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ESSEX PULLER
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to possibly relocate to AZ probable around the first of the year.

The company i work for has an office in Phoenix so finding a job wont be problem.

Just not to sure what areas to look in.

Looking for 4+ bedrooms, single story, decent sized lot, looking to rent for a while just to make sure my family can hang.

Maybe lease with possible purchase in the near future, when/if things get any better.

Any advice on areas i should look at, pros/cons

Thanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
The PHX area is pretty big, I'd suggest living somewhere that's not too far from where you will work if possible.

What part of the valley is your company's office in?

For leasing/purchasing a home, get in touch with CDOG on the boards - He's a good realtor who will take care of you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That zip is south phx.. just by the airport... you can go either way east of west. I am an east sider... So Awahtukee, So. Tempe, West Chandler, thats where I am at.... I think Awahtukee has some good rental like you described. and it is sort of So. Cal feeling with some rolling hills and lot of stucco/tile roof style...

Gilbert/Scottsdale if you want to go a little farther with the commute,... and some great rental deals out in Gilbert ...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Chandler is considered East Side???:)bulb

For the last 18 years I have been here, I have recieved the "East Valley Tribune" that covers Tempe and yonder ... east...

But I guess the people that bought houses in east mesa/gilbert/queen creek.. might consider themselves the "new east" ... but us old east siders when power road was considered new mexico, still are the OG east siders

BUT if you really want to have some fun.. Watch "The Guantlet" with Clint Eastwood, when they are rolling that bus up the I-10 through Awahtukee and there isnt a house to be seen for miles!!! Love that part of the movie...

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Chandler is considered East Side???:)bulb

Um NO! AJ is east side, from about Power Road and beyond. Anything within 5 miles of the airport is a shit hole, unless you like to hear jets go over every 5 minutes. Tempe and South Snottsdale would be your best bet, the homes will be older, for the most part. Any place near the I10 will suck the big ONE. It takes my wife 45 minutes to drive 11 miles at 6:15 am, and that's right off the 10 and Broadway, from SW Chandler. There are some nice areas south of the airport in Phoenix, 24th St. and Baseline has some gated subdivisions, one of them is on the Raven golf course, that's about 10-15 minutes from your work area. That area has really grown in the past 8 years, new stores and places to eat, might be better than the other 2 cities I mentioned. You shouldn't have any problem finding a newer home in that area to meet your needs.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
For the last 18 years I have been here, I have recieved the "East Valley Tribune" that covers Tempe and yonder ... east...

But I guess the people that bought houses in east mesa/gilbert/queen creek.. might consider themselves the "new east" ... but us old east siders when power road was considered new mexico, still are the OG east siders

BUT if you really want to have some fun.. Watch "The Guantlet" with Clint Eastwood, when they are rolling that bus up the I-10 through Awahtukee and there isnt a house to be seen for miles!!! Love that part of the movie...

WHAT?? I thought that bus was coming from Vegas and went through Central??? Guess I'll have to watch it again. Are you sure?? They would have to go through phoenix to come back up the 10 to go through Tooky and then back to down town phoenix, they went south on Central, didn't they?? ODD? youtube!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I could be wrong, but it sure looks like shots of south mtn off the I-10 to me....

Seriously, ??? You are comparing a commute from AJ on the 60 or 202 compared to the I-10 out of 85225/85044??? I drive it every day....... yeah, it take me 15 minutes to go 12 miles, but even at 65mph you cant beat that out of AJ / east mesa..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dont read the script!... Watch the footage... Like I said, not willing to fall on my sword, ... but the hwy out of wickenburg wasn't anything but a two laner in the 70s when it was filmed?

I could swear they film that coming around the broadway curve... but maybe I missed it...

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
No that's Grand Ave. It goes straight to Wickenberg. It's the Old Highway.

US 60 (Grand Avenue) is an urban arterial roadway connecting several communities in the West Valley including Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria, Sun City, Sun City West, Youngtown, El Mirage and Surprise. It is also a vital link in the statewide highway system, connecting metro Phoenix with Las Vegas and Interstate 15.

I'll rent the movie and buy the pop corn and beer. You in??:D

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
I could be wrong, but it sure looks like shots of south mtn off the I-10 to me....

Seriously, ??? You are comparing a commute from AJ on the 60 or 202 compared to the I-10 out of 85225/85044??? I drive it every day....... yeah, it take me 15 minutes to go 12 miles, but even at 65mph you cant beat that out of AJ / east mesa..

yea 65 to Mesa Drive, and from there on out your doing 25 -30 and it doesn't matter witch way you go 202 red or 202 san tan or the 60. i've been on the 10 at Ray and took 45 minutes to go 5 miles, amd thats with no fender benders.

Remeber when Yellow Feather was run over on the I10 at the 60?? He was the Indian that was plastered all over the 10, got hit by a Mack truck. 3 hours to go 5 miles that day.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Give it a watch... Grand Ave was nothing but stop lights and the alaskan bush company even in the 1977... they are rolling into town on an interstate... But prove me wrong, I would like to know for sure....

They roll that flick constantly on tbs and other stations on saturday morning and other dead air times... so you can catch it without renting it...

Classic AZ film even if you straighten me out...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Remeber when Yellow Feather was run over on the I10 at the 60?? He was the Indian that was plastered all over the 10, got hit by a Mack truck. 3 hours to go 5 miles that day.

Yeah... I remember... I went back home...

I drop my kid off at 715 at rural and chandler and I am sitting at my desk at 750...... just north of ASU... via the broadway curve... If I leave my house at 600 I am at my desk at 625....

·
Above The Wet Spot
491 Posts
The PHX area is pretty big, I'd suggest living somewhere that's not too far from where you will work if possible.

What part of the valley is your company's office in?

For leasing/purchasing a home, get in touch with CDOG on the boards - He's a good realtor who will take care of you.
Ditto on CDOG, very knowledgeable realtor and all around good guy.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Sorry about your thread Esxpulr. Although, you can learn a lot about East siders just by reading this thread. Personally, I prefer the Northwest Valley.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah... well I could drive to Cobra1's house watch the Gauntlet and be home before the traffic cleared on the I-17 to peoria from sky harbor any afternoon...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Of course I'm biased, but the best part of the valley to live in is off Central Ave north of Missouri to just past Northern. Irrigated lots, big trees and green grass. Plus your close to everything and no rush hour headaches.

Eastwood rolled into downtown coming down Fillmore to 2nd avenue south to Adams then straight east into the fountain area in front of Symphony Hall. The movie mixed and matched a few areas of downtown but thats mostly the path. I-10 wasn't built till the 80's.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Kurtis500 lives in a super cool part of town... But Kurtis, hes looking for a temp rental, and I bet your part of town isnt very thick with rentals? (could be wrong of course).. Historic North Phx is very nice... who doesn't like the biltmore/acacia distric?

I-10 on the west side wasnt complete until the 80s, but fully functional to Tucson in 1977.. I agree with your recollection of the downtown scene, but I am refering to earlier when they are rolling the desert portion... I am doubting myself but I will have to re watch now...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts