Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very strong suspicion that my neighbors son is selling dope. And of course the parents have no idea. Here is the scoop. I live in a neighborhood that most the neighbors are original owners of 40-50 year old homes. Real quiet except when I fire the boat off.The son is about early/mid 40's, no job, living in the parents garage. Most of the time he enters the garage/room from the side of house so the parents can't see when he comes and goes. The parents have one car so we know when they are not home. Alot of traffic comes around. Here's where I get my suspicion from. Anytime the parents are home the so called "visitors/friends" come by and he jumps in the car that pulls up,takes off for about 3-5 mins max, comes back, he jumps out goes back in the house, car takes off. Now when the parents aren't home, the visitors come to the door, and the same thing happens, in the house for 3-5 mins mins, the visitors bounce. I have never seen anybody come and knock on the door, and visit this guy when the parents are home.
Not only do I not like the fact that his guy could be dealing in my neighbor hood, I got 3 kids, 15, 5, and 4 years. Is there anything I can do as far reporting goes? Any other opinins how to handle the situation? The main thing is I don't want to cause friction between the parents and me, real cool people.
Any input would be apprieciated
N.S.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Call the cops. Start keeping records of license plates that come and go and what time. Call and report it all once or twice a week.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
just call the local pd and ask for the drug task force officer;) let him in on your suspicions. they love weenie dealers like your next door dealer, they always lead them to bigger and better busts.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
?

Question I got is how serious will they take a call from me saying " I think my neighbor deals drug"? How much can they do just based on a phone call?

N.S

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I use to have a neighbor that went out to the local bars then come home at 2 am then decide to start his jetboat at 2 am and rev it up.It got annoying but he soon moved.LOL

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Question I got is how serious will they take a call from me saying " I think my neighbor deals drug"? How much can they do just based on a phone call?

N.S
more serious if you talk to them in person :)bulb just so they know you're not a old fart tired of some loud youngsters:D

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Big picture

N.S
You alone, not much. But, they may already be watching him and his buddies. What source of income does he have other than mooching off his parents?......Careful, the DEA could take the house away from the parents, even if they're unaware of what the kid, (40 something kid) is doing. Another way to approach this is through the parents. If they are your friends, tell them what you see and think. Advise them they could loose their house if the kid is dealing and gets caught. Say it as a friend would, "gee I'd hate to see you loose your house because.... ..... ........" In asset forfietures the property is guilty and the owners have to prove innocence...real tough and real expensive to do..........Maybe the parents will solve your problem for you........MP

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I had a neighbor that was doing this kind of stuff. I watched for a couple of weeks to make sure my suspisions were correct. After confirming things, I took the direct approach. I pretty much made it very clear that there were two options, and the first option, if it took place, he had better make sure he had 911 on speed dial. It worked for me, in my case. If your not the type that wants to start a confrontation, you can politely bring it to his attention that your not going to tolerate his behavior and suggest he moves his business elsewhere. Video taping everyone that arrives, and exits, including tags would probably scare his clientel off if the latter doesn't work. Good luck on whatever you decide.

·
Court Jester
445 Posts
PM me with where you live. Maybe I can help you with some info.

The DEA does not usually get involved with the small street dealer nor will they seize the parents house if the adult son his selling unless they are in on it too.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Oh yes they do

PM me with where you live. Maybe I can help you with some info.

The DEA does not usually get involved with the small street dealer nor will they seize the parents house if the adult son his selling unless they are in on it too.
There are no rules in that matter. They can do what ever they please and the US attorney will back them up. Granted, the property may be given back to the parents, after they prove they knew nothing, (hard to do), but not without a lot of hassle and expenses. There are countless cases of that exact thing happening all over the country. The DEA doesn't need to be in on the bust for the US Attorney to take up the asset forfeiture. And the busting agency is in line for some of the proceeds if the house is in fact forfeited and sold at auction. I did a great deal of research on this subject a few years back for an attorney friend who was defending a piece of property. Yes, the property was the defendant, guilty until proven innocent.......MP

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
What to do?

.........First find out if his dope is any good!.........Just kidding!......Just kidding!................The writing down of license numbers can sometimes be effective....but sometimes not, as, some of these customers are so loaded they don't connect the person with the pen and pencil to anything they are doing......a camera with flash photoing the car and it's occupants and the plate, really gets their attention,.......Telescopic vidioing from a distance, without being seen, can be very helpfull to law enforcement if you get good....car occupant, dealer and plate vidio........But to protect your family against any repercussions,....best to inform law enforcement first.......Depending on where you live......there may be a special unit that handles drug problems at a neighborhood level..........If an anonymus phone call goes to the proper agency,stating that you smell chemicals, you would amazed at how fast action is taken..............Moneypit is correct, his parent could go down in flames for something they new nothing about............Be Careful......Depending on the drug and the people involved, involvement can get very repecussive.............

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Tell the parents. Explain to them that if it continues you will call the cops and they could lose their house. If the guy's an ass he's gonna continue being an ass, just somewhere else....

·
HELL OF A GUY
3,137 Posts
Tell the parents. Explain to them that if it continues you will call the cops and they could lose their house. If the guy's an ass he's gonna continue being an ass, just somewhere else....
write the parents a letter and don't sign it,and c/c on the bottom to the cops;)

·
Faster, Stronger, Bionic
626 Posts
A lot of good advice here about the cops. We had the same type of situation here last summer. Some extremely stupid 18Y/O drug dealers moved in to the rental house across the street. For about three weeks saw the same type of thing with people coming and going in short time. Several of the neighbors started writing down lic#'s of cars. Kinda all worked out one morning when some random guy in a Dodge Ram was driving down the street while trying to get something out of his glove compartment and convieniently swerved off the road and crashed into an electric pole in the drug dealers front yard. While the cops were standing around blocking off the street for two hours, waiting for the power company to finish up, several of us took the time to go over and explain to the cops in person what was going on. The drug assholes were gone later that night.:D

·
Court Jester
445 Posts
There are no rules in that matter. They can do what ever they please and the US attorney will back them up. Granted, the property may be given back to the parents, after they prove they knew nothing, (hard to do), but not without a lot of hassle and expenses. There are countless cases of that exact thing happening all over the country. The DEA doesn't need to be in on the bust for the US Attorney to take up the asset forfeiture. And the busting agency is in line for some of the proceeds if the house is in fact forfeited and sold at auction. I did a great deal of research on this subject a few years back for an attorney friend who was defending a piece of property. Yes, the property was the defendant, guilty until proven innocent.......MP
Ok you must know more than I do. Guess I didn't know what I was doing for years when I responded to these types of complaints and ..oh never mind ... :)hand

NS if you need some real world advice like I said before PM me and I will see what I can do to help. What has been said is a possibilty but very slim one unless it is some major drug operation and other factors come in to play. Also if you want to stay anonymous stiff a call into your local PD Watch Commander or call the Dope Sgt. and give him the info.

I don't know if you are in CA or someplace else. If you are in CA I can probably get you to the right person. ;)

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Ok you must know more than I do. Guess I didn't know what I was doing for years when I responded to these types of complaints and ..oh never mind ... :)hand

NS if you need some real world advice like I said before PM me and I will see what I can do to help. What has been said is a possibilty but very slim one unless it is some major drug operation and other factors come in to play. Also if you want to stay anonymous stiff a call into your local PD Watch Commander or call the Dope Sgt. and give him the info.

I don't know if you are in CA or someplace else. If you are in CA I can probably get you to the right person. ;)
I have no doubt you knew what you were doing. However, there is no way of knowing what is actually going down. Maybe there is a huge amount of dope in the house/garage, maybe the kid, (@40+) has priors, maybe the parents are aware of what he is doing but also fear him from prior experiences. I was only bringing up possibilities. Real world possibilities...The case that comes to mind took 7 years to resolve. Sure the homeowners got their property back, but were a whole lot poorer. The criminal charge was dismissed, evidence suppressed, early in the criminal proceedings. The Civil matter of forfeiture continued on anyway as the civil burden of proof is so much less than criminal actions.....This is the real world.........MP

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Go ahead and turn some lives inside out and upside down. After all, we all love paying MORE taxes to imprison more people at 40+K a year per prisoner.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts