Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran aground last weekend and knocked about 2 inches off the very back of the bravo lower scag fin. i was wondering how important this is. should i weld a patch back in its place or should i just clean up the break with a file?

i basicly knocked the rear corner of the rudder off. 2 inches from back to front and 2 inches high.

have not noticed any performance difference

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Whether it will be a problem really depends on the drive height. For example: if you had a really high x-dimension it might make the boat loose on top end. I would guess that your drive is low enough, it wont be a problem. The other downside is that it might not track as straight as before. If you are not feeling any of these issues, file the sharp edges, shoot some paint on it and go boating.
Then you just have to decide if you want it back to the "non damaged" look.... :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
i ran aground last weekend and knocked about 2 inches off the very back of the bravo lower scag fin. i was wondering how important this is. should i weld a patch back in its place or should i just clean up the break with a file?

i basicly knocked the rear corner of the rudder off. 2 inches from back to front and 2 inches high.

have not noticed any performance difference
if you hit the prop you might want to put dial indicator on the shaft and check for out of round also

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did not hit that bad. It only putt a little nick in the prop. but it did catch the end of the out drive an knock a little piece off. i will check for out of round this weekend.
thanks for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts