Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
the padawan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the plan, Iam going to pick up a tunnel hull with a outboard, my question is, will a tunnel cat be faster then a regular tunnel hull? I am sorry if this is a stupid question. Just wondering if I should hold out for a tunnel cat vs. just a regular tunnel hull.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
I know lots of guys with big outboards on tunnel hulls.
It doesnt take much to run 100 mph with one and they have a lot of interior room too. They are a nice all around boat.
STV, Mirage, Stoker, and Eliminator seem to be popular brands.

Most tunnel hulls are going to have a center pod and you want that.
Don't get a full tunnel hull, they are less desireable for a lake boat.

·
the padawan
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks unchained your really helping me out! I was looking at a stoker yesterday, its like a V bottom boat, but with the tunnel, so that hull will be able to go just as quickly as say, your hull with a outboard?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
For pure, all out performance, you'll want either an STV or Mirage. For a great all around fast pleasure boat, go with a Stoker. If you are seriously looking for a boat like what you are describing, pm me and I can help you out.

Attachments

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts

This hull looks just like my 21' Daytona.
I'd like to get one and butcher it up into a Vdrive project. :)devil

·
Registered
182 Posts
Same bottom as the 21 Eliminator, but the Liberator has 4.5" more freeboard. That makes the windshield high enough so it actually works!

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
I like the extra freeboard benefit.

So how much would it cost me for what I see in the picture I put up ?
I wouldn't need anything related to outboard wiring or controls.

Would it be a big expense to have a 3/16 inset in the mold for cav plate recess in the bottom of the hull at the transom ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
The hull with seats is about $21K unrigged. I get bare hulls and rig and custom paint them here. That paintjob is $5,000. All the colors are pearl candys. That exact boat with all the extras on a custom aluminum trailer with mags and a new Merc 300xs is $56,500. It will run 104-106 on GPS when running light. Here's more pics.

IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t117/Randycorson/100_2601.jpg[/IMG]

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
That sure is a beauty.
I can see that the extra freeboard is all in the bottom 1/2 of the hull.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Tops of the tunnels have marine plywood glassed in. Seats are screwed to that. That way, you don't have to sit so high and your feet go down in the sponsons. That way you can support yourself better in rough water. In the jets, I/O's and V-drives, there are partial stringers.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Tops of the tunnels have marine plywood glassed in. Seats are screwed to that. That way, you don't have to sit so high and your feet go down in the sponsons. That way you can support yourself better in rough water. In the jets, I/O's and V-drives, there are partial stringers.
Thanks for the reply...I always liked the taller FB on the Libs vs my 21 Daytona.
very nice looking boats ;)
That 30' is giving me chills :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had the 30 out today testing some labbed cleavers. It was 98 degrees and still ran 99.1 but the rev limiter kept buzzing. Haven't hit 100 yet.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
164 Posts
30ft Skater
Man that is an awesome boat. Love it. I just wish merc stuck with alien cowlings...I dont like those new cowls I see on all the new motors.

Great clean looking boat though diamond. I hope I can own something like that someday.

--Jeff

1 - 20 of 27 Posts