Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fam and i are going to be taking the 5th wheel to the sat sept 26 game against washington state. (first time rv tailgating) my cousin graduated from usc last year and they have always invited me to the games but never had any desire. i need as much rv tailgating info as i can get. p/lot opens at 6am and the game is an evening game 715 start. do i need to be there at 6 to get a good spot or is that over kill any help with this would be great.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
my fam and i are going to be taking the 5th wheel to the sat sept 26 game against washington state. (first time rv tailgating) my cousin graduated from usc last year and they have always invited me to the games but never had any desire. i need as much rv tailgating info as i can get. p/lot opens at 6am and the game is an evening game 715 start. do i need to be there at 6 to get a good spot or is that over kill any help with this would be great.
I haven't taken my rig to the games but we always go early and tailgate or go to the sports arena for beers and to watch the games. The rv'ers are always there, already set up...so I'll go out on a limb and say you better get there at o'dark thirty am.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't taken my rig to the games but we always go early and tailgate or go to the sports arena for beers and to watch the games. The rv'ers are always there, already set up...so I'll go out on a limb and say you better get there at o'dark thirty am.

this is what im thinking also p/lot opens at 6 am so i guess i will be there then, set up and just go to back to bed until every one else arrives. we will not be going into the game im gonna set up one of the tv outside on a table cause i have direct tv on the 5th wheel so we will all sit under the awning and watch the came and eat tri tip bbq corn on the cob baked beans and what ever else we decide to cook up. should be good times but sounds like its gonna be a long day:)sphss

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nobody else????? i need as much help on this as i can get.

dont want to show up and be that guy:)sphss

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have been a season ticket hold since 1994 and it seems that parking get worst every year. About five years ago we use to take my buddies motor home to the games and we would show up there about 6 hours before the game would start and we wouldn’t have any problems getting parking. However, I would think that 8 hours before the game is more appropriate now. If it’s a big home game like UCLA then arriving the night before is probably the best option.

·
WHTBRD
94 Posts
I have been a season ticket hold since 1994 and it seems that parking get worst every year. About five years ago we use to take my buddies motor home to the games and we would show up there about 6 hours before the game would start and we wouldn’t have any problems getting parking. However, I would think that 8 hours before the game is more appropriate now. If it’s a big home game like UCLA then arriving the night before is probably the best option.

Night before - not sure about the 5th wheel though. Guys are parking their SUV's on the lawn and then showing up the next day.

Let me give you a great tailgating tip for SC. Go to the Marshall School tailgate (by the flagpoles). 25$ a head - all the beer and wine for the ladys. They have tables and a DJ. You get a really good bque meal. No fing around, great value, low stress. Seriously the best way to do it do to parking. Now they Rose Bowl that's a different ballgame (one I hope we win this year :D )

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Laser, Me and my bro TrojanDan are 2 diehards that tailgate on the museum lawn on a consistent basis.As for parking near the sports arena that is all donor/preferred parking so unless you are a donor you wouldn't get in there with your set up.RV parking is on the west side of the coliseum and is $150 a day. It opens up friday afternoon and closes at night and then re-opens in the morning.We parked there last year for the Ohio State game with an overhead camper and had a blast.You can call classic parking the week of the game for updated parking info.Cruise over to the lawn and look for the Big white Cheby truck with a Magic Powerboats sticker on the back.I'll be the guy with 2 flatscreens on my hitch and margaritas on the rocks flowing off the portable bar.:)devil

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Leave the rv home and just tailgate, it is a parking nightmare, they close off streets, most areas are restricted, the whole place is just a dump and pretty much a wasteland.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We went to the home opener and it was HELL! We got there about 8am and had to park down the street in someone's backyard for $20 bux.( it was a qtr mile walk to the gate) we met my friends deep in the parking lot who had been up there at 6am. It has gotten worse over the years but hay...it is SC --DO WHAT YOU GAOTTA DO

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Just don't waste your time....Washington win by 10.:)sphss

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hey Laser, Me and my bro TrojanDan are 2 diehards that tailgate on the museum lawn on a consistent basis.As for parking near the sports arena that is all donor/preferred parking so unless you are a donor you wouldn't get in there with your set up.RV parking is on the west side of the coliseum and is $150 a day. It opens up friday afternoon and closes at night and then re-opens in the morning.We parked there last year for the Ohio State game with an overhead camper and had a blast.You can call classic parking the week of the game for updated parking info.Cruise over to the lawn and look for the Big white Cheby truck with a Magic Powerboats sticker on the back.I'll be the guy with 2 flatscreens on my hitch and margaritas on the rocks flowing off the portable bar.:)devil
Is all the RV parking a $150 now? When we use to bring the motor home reserved RV parking was $150 but regular RV parking was $20 or $40. BTW…have you had the portable bar at the games for a while now, I think I got a margarita from you guys a couple years ago.:)devil:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is all the RV parking a $150 now? When we use to bring the motor home reserved RV parking was $150 but regular RV parking was $20 or $40. BTW…have you had the portable bar at the games for a while now, I think I got a margarita from you guys a couple years ago.:)devil:D
Times have changed since the Pete Carroll era.....Commercial sized margarita machine will be rocking for this game! :)devil

According to Pete Carroll's blog, RV parking will be open only on Saturday for the WSU game. There shouldn't be a traffic problem for this game. Have fun and Fight On! :)devil

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
There shouldn't be a traffic problem for this game.
Gawd I'd hate to see a REAL traffic problem...
Though I have to admitt, we got in and out for the san jose state game really really easy.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
We went to the home opener and it was HELL! We got there about 8am and had to park down the street in someone's backyard for $20 bux.( it was a qtr mile walk to the gate) we met my friends deep in the parking lot who had been up there at 6am. It has gotten worse over the years but hay...it is SC --DO WHAT YOU GAOTTA DO
I don't understand why...we got there about 10ish and drove right in ,25 bucks, and parked in the underground...bada bing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts