Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 boats with fiberglass tanks a 19 Schiada and a 21 Spectra, The Schiada tanks are delaming on the inside, so I'm going to have to change them and I might as well change the one's in the Spectra before I put the engine back in. Any suggestions ??? I'm thinking maybe 2 20 gallon tanks ??? Want as much fuel as I can get comfortably, is there a plastic alternative out there that works for these applications ???? Any help would be appreciated !!!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
I had Tank-It in LHC, AZ, build me new alum. tanks for my 19' Schiada.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
I don't know if this would work or not . But i was thinking about this ... Do you think it would be plausiable to cut the top of the fiber glass tank off and Rino coat the inside then Reglass the top back on ?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have dimensions? I have a set but might be to tall thanks.
I'll measure it up tonight, The rino thing would probably work, I was also thinking of draining them out vacuuming them and spraying a rubberized coating in them, there is a company around here that does old car tanks . I would just as soon spend the $$$ for new,built, or good used tanks and be done with it !!!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Hey Steve !! How many gallons ? How about some pic's or maybe even a drawing ???
They are about 24 gal./side. I think I just recently threw away the drawings but I think Tank-It will have them on file. Mine are bottom feed with a return on top that feeds 2 bottom of tank. There are 2 feeds on the bottom, 1 is a balance line between tanks and the other goes to fuel pump. The feed area has a baffle box to keep fuel there plus 3 other baffles. I think I paid 750 for the 2 tanks.

Attachments

·
Village Idiot
3,479 Posts
I have a pair of Russel tanks that are about 20 gallons a piece. They are no beauty queens, but can do the job. They have a bottom feed and a line to monitor the fuel level. I am located in Peoria AZ if you have any interest.

Paul

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have two custom aluminum tanks that are 5' long, 8" & 7" side height, 10" across top, and 9" across bottom. They probably hold 15 gallons each. I'm in Orange County, CA.

·
PASO ROBLES CA
672 Posts
I am sure you know,shipping on tanks suck . Anything over 60 INCHS drives the price up. I just shipped two tanks from central cal to Texas and by the time I wrapped em and shipped em it was $130 bucks. I sold the tanks cheap to a fellow boater who is a building a spectra and a hell of nice guy so just saying.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sure you know,shipping on tanks suck . Anything over 60 INCHS drives the price up. I just shipped two tanks from central cal to Texas and by the time I wrapped em and shipped em it was $130 bucks. I sold the tanks cheap to a fellow boater who is a building a spectra and a hell of nice guy so just saying.
I'm hip on the shipping thing, thanks to all that answered, got some good ideas, shipping tanks from Cali. to Michigan is not going to work. I talked to a guy at a fiberglass shop in Flint Mich. who says he makes tanks that with the new resins stand up to ethonal and every thing else. Also it would be easy to build them right into the old tank exterior for mounting. If I get a good package deal I may go that route. For right now I'm just shopping and getting ready to pay PROPERTY TAXES.......... bummer ........ I'll move this to the V - Drive section and post some pic's as I go !!!!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Check shipping with good old Greyhound Bus Lines, you wouldn't believe what I have shipped with them. "If it fits it ships"

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
I have a few pairs of large Aluminum Tanks.
Imco 20gal each. They have a slight tapper, 60"L x 9.5"Hx 7.5"W $400
Skyline 20gal. They are 47"L x 14"H x 10"T and 5.75"B $300

I also have this one;
NEW Summit 16 Gallon fuel cell
It didn't fit so went with a aluminum round tank. This cell is brand new never has had gas in it at all. $125.00 + Shipping
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-290104/
Jim
928-219-4929
928-542-7712

Thanks
Jim
928-219-4929

1 - 15 of 15 Posts