Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 18'6" Wahoo to turn into a Club Rescue boat....

I have:

1. An 2.5 carb that has a bad cyclinder....When I pulled the head, even though it said 2.5, it was a 2.4 chrome block...

2. I have a 2.5 steel sleeve block that has 2- standard holes, 2- .015 holes and 2-.030 holes

3. I have all the parts to a 175 except the short block

4. I have an like new 2.0 liter block

5. I have a second 2.0 liter block

6. I have at least 4 good cranks laying around

If I get my new Revolution 2.0 Race Boat I'll need a 2.0 powerhead...

OK my questions:

1. If I just bought 6 new pistons for the 2.5 block, and put the long block on the 2.4 powerhead, what do I need to look for, so I don't melt it down the first time I run it???? Clean the carbs (What jets for 2.5 Carb) put a new stater???? What CC does a stock 2.5 need to run pump gas....?

2. If I built the 2.0 powerheads, will they have enough "GRUNT" to push and 18'6" Wahoo??? Will it run pump gas with 26 CC heads??

I was thinking, I have a Baker 2.0 race boat and the Revolution is coming...if each boat had a 2.0 and I had a 2.0 on the Wahoo, I'd always have one spare...Rescue guys might be screwed, but ....

I think, 2.5 for the rescue boat, and build the 2-2.0 later....2.5 or 2.0...What do you think???

ADD:
I looked at a new 130 HP E-Tec Evinrude...thought maybe a new motor on the club boat would be COOL!!!! $11,000......it will be awhile before the club is THAT COOL!

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Ron you already know what to do so go on and do it.:)hand

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Putting the 2.5 Together...

Thanks for the PM's and all...

Going to put the 2.5 together...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rub Railing? Boat Windshield?

I used to buy rub railing (Where the deck and bottom meet at L and L...They are no longer in business). Went to West Marine...all they had is pictures, would like to touch before buying any idea???

Does anyone know what happened to Boat Windshield that was part of L and L Marine???

Making progress on the Wahoo!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Making Progress...

Got a new set of pistons coming from Pro Marine. Got rub rails from Rex Marine.

Decided to go with the extra long mid section as the long seems too short...

Going to run an old MOD VP 2.4 carb, non bridge port tuner....Greg Foster thinks I shouold use the long one in the 2.5 mid section....What's Foster know?? Any suggestions...?

I'll have this boat ready for RESCUE at the Performance Boats Magazine present's Bowden Development's Golden State Championships, October 10-11, 2009. The race is on, name might be subject to change!

Attachments

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
I used to buy rub railing (Where the deck and bottom meet at L and L...They are no longer in business). Went to West Marine...all they had is pictures, would like to touch before buying any idea???

Does anyone know what happened to Boat Windshield that was part of L and L Marine???

Making progress on the Wahoo!!!

Boat windshield, ah yes used to be part of Specialty Marine years ago. Give Ron a call at AZ-AK bot windshields, he used to be with Specialty back in the day. Looks like his web site is down.

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_2859n

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuel Pump?

Motor is a 2.5 with carbs. I have beening thinking of adding an elecric fuel pump. My son says I don't need it. Seems we ran the Merc pumps plus a Holly in the 2.4 carb days.....

Greg Foster made me a stainless "T" top......about ready to sail with the tide!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Motor is a 2.5 with carbs. I have beening thinking of adding an elecric fuel pump. My son says I don't need it. Seems we ran the Merc pumps plus a Holly in the 2.4 carb days.....

Greg Foster made me a stainless "T" top......about ready to sail with the tide!
Hey Ron, I've got an extra holley 'blue' fuel pump I'll give you if you need it. I'm going to be racing a 120 next year in Region 11 that Jason's building me this Winter, and I'll gladly donate one of the spare pumps from my Skater to your new safety boat. Who knows, that boat might be saving my a** next year! Please see my new thread listed under 'tunnelboats'on your website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts