Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They had some footage of one of your V-drive get togethers and showed a white flat, running by himself, taking a little hop, catching the chine and tossing the driver about 50 feet forward. Don't know who it was but I'm sure you guys do. Guy broke some ribs I think they said.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Saw that as well, First time the guy had his boat out with his new 1000 HP. Motor and was making a few passes, Looked like if he would have stayed in it he would have been fine. He hit a roller and let off the throttle which looked like that's what caught the edge and barrel rolled. Thats just what it seemed on TV.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that annoying fockin' host they have said it was a runner bottom. I'm sure someone that was at Needles fed them some info?

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
It was hard to see on TV. And go by what the moderator of the show was saying, Is like listening to the weatherman. The first few passes looked great, nice set and rode nice, glad the guy was alright.

·
3,246 Posts
I saw that one when it came on. But they are talkin about another crash paul

·
6TH STREET TERROR 4 HIRE
797 Posts
I was there for that I think it was 01 maybe???? I got pics some place..

·
Upstanding Member
12,715 Posts
I licensed the Paul Curry crash to the Discovery channel. This is one of the crashes featured in the River Rats 2 video. It will be on several more times this week. I think it's episode 26 for those of you checking the discovery channel website.

·
3,246 Posts
I licensed the Paul Curry crash to the Discovery channel. It will be on several more times this week. I think it's episode 26 for those of you checking the discovery channel website.
Shooter, do you make money every time they play the vid?

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Still contemplating between the runner or hydro. Blown for sure.
Most jet drivers step into hydros, its kinda the next step in the progression. "Usually" flatty drivers start out in Flats from the get.

So go for the hydro!!:D

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
nope but I saw that one too.
That was a ski flat race with Flat Nasty #146 Jeff Martin in the far lane and Lackin Traction boat of Greg "Duct tape" Ewing in the near. The scoop got pushed down by the wind, held the throttle open and he had his kill switch duct tapped up. opps I think he went through the lights around 120 mph or so. Then had to make the choice of hit the beach or jump. It started a big ass fire too. It was UNREAL how far that boat flew!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts