Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Aquacraft
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I have a v755 neovane pump, it was the original one that was on the boat, I am in the process of changing the impeller out and I started thinking I should completely tear it down and replace everything, it sat on the old motor in the elements since 1986 without being used, I have never taken one apart and im wondering if its just a bearing inside that I need to replace? im not even sure if I need to totally take it apart or just replace the impeller? and if I need to replace everything where do I get a gasket kit? I have the gasket to change the impeller but I don't have the gasket that fits between the two halves of the body? if the pump turns free I thought maybe just replace the impeller?

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Goggle: neovane v755

·
Aquacraft
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goggle: neovane v755
thanks , I did google it, but I was wondering basically if they sale a repair kit that has the seals and bearings? or if that's just one of those things ill have to go track down? thanks for the help, I need to post a pic of mine , it has 2 sections and theres a gasket inbetween the 2 that I don't see with kits, also if the shaft in mine is bad can I replace it with the shaft and seal kit that cp performance sales? just wondering if anyone has experience with this pump and getting replacement parts? im guessing they are the same?

·
Some guy
3,669 Posts
thanks , I did google it, but I was wondering basically if they sale a repair kit that has the seals and bearings? or if that's just one of those things ill have to go track down? thanks for the help, I need to post a pic of mine , it has 2 sections and theres a gasket inbetween the 2 that I don't see with kits, also if the shaft in mine is bad can I replace it with the shaft and seal kit that cp performance sales? just wondering if anyone has experience with this pump and getting replacement parts? im guessing they are the same?
Bearings and seals should be able to be matched at a bearing house, Hanley had to buy them from someplace. If you measure gasket thickness, you can buy material and cut one if you don't think silicone will work (ie if the thickness is critical). Been too many years since I have messed with one of those, everyone uses Glenwood pumps now. I even have parts of an old 755 here somewhere.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Bearings and seals should be able to be matched at a bearing house, Hanley had to buy them from someplace. If you measure gasket thickness, you can buy material and cut one if you don't think silicone will work (ie if the thickness is critical). Been too many years since I have messed with one of those, everyone uses Glenwood pumps now. I even have parts of an old 755 here somewhere.
:))THumbsUp
Bearing supply house should have the bearings.
If possible see if they have Stainless steel bearings, also
since you will have it apart, they should have or can get
the seal.

It's called a ceramic seal, they will know what it is.
Take your old parts with you so they can match them up.

It's pretty straight forward.
When you take the seal out of the package, keep it
together as a unit. It will come apart easily and be confusing in
it's order. (not a big deal, but the first time I had one apart it was)

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Go to DragBoatCity.com. He sells I complete rebuild kit. Shaft and all!!! Plus he has a diagram. If you can't find it look in the picture section, I have one uploaded to PB..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
X2 on dragboatcity.com I bought their complete kit, even re-chromed my old pump while I was at it...Bitchin! By the way, you may already know this, but as far as the Neovane pumps go, V505 and V755 they're the same pump, parts wise. The 505 has 1/2" pipe fittings and the 755 has 3/4" pipe fittings. I haven't tried this, but a guy could probably drill and re-thread a 1/2" pump to be a 3/4" pump, if he thought he needed the extra volume. Personally, I think the Magnaflow unit may be overkill. My taste in boats is decidedly based in the sixties style of rigging, so, naturally, I'm inclined to use a Jabsco or Neovane pump. I have two different styles of "bolt-on the pump" polished water dividers on my boats (eliminating the extra "t" split to the wet logs). Those are a cool addition to a Neovane pump. Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

·
Aquacraft
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
X2 on dragboatcity.com I bought their complete kit, even re-chromed my old pump while I was at it...Bitchin! By the way, you may already know this, but as far as the Neovane pumps go, V505 and V755 they're the same pump, parts wise. The 505 has 1/2" pipe fittings and the 755 has 3/4" pipe fittings. I haven't tried this, but a guy could probably drill and re-thread a 1/2" pump to be a 3/4" pump, if he thought he needed the extra volume. Personally, I think the Magnaflow unit may be overkill. My taste in boats is decidedly based in the sixties style of rigging, so, naturally, I'm inclined to use a Jabsco or Neovane pump. I have two different styles of "bolt-on the pump" polished water dividers on my boats (eliminating the extra "t" split to the wet logs). Those are a cool addition to a Neovane pump. Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
Thanks everyone for your help! I expected it would be one of those deals where I have to track everything down, I will try dagboatcity and see wat they have, thanks for the info and help!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
:))THumbsUp
Bearing supply house should have the bearings.
If possible see if they have Stainless steel bearings, also
since you will have it apart, they should have or can get
the seal.

It's called a ceramic seal, they will know what it is.
Take your old parts with you so they can match them up.

It's pretty straight forward.
When you take the seal out of the package, keep it
together as a unit. It will come apart easily and be confusing in
it's order. (not a big deal, but the first time I had one apart it was)
Go to DragBoatCity.com. He sells I complete rebuild kit. Shaft and all!!! Plus he has a diagram. If you can't find it look in the picture section, I have one uploaded to PB..
Bump.

I need some help. I would like to see the diagram if possible too. I just bought a V 755 and want to take it all the way down. I pulled the impeller, the snap ring, spring and cap, and the cam drive off the other end. How do I get the shaft out of it ? Tell me about the ceramic seal please.
It's a real nice pump, just been sitting for a long time. Thank you.

Mod

·
Aquacraft
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you. How do I get the shaft assembly out of the body ?
I took mine apart years ago , I don't remember now but I do think its the snap ring #15, I still have mine apart because the housing was so badly corroded (cracked and outlet sides broke when taking the hoses off since it had been together since 1972) I ended up buying a magna flow 1 inch pump, which was way to much water and I got the 3/4 inch housing which is just right for me and the flow of water (bbc 454) anyways I might be able to find it and see how I took it apart, im losing my memory with age and im not even that old ….

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sure looks like removing the snap ring (15) and then press the shaft out..
I took mine apart years ago , I don't remember now but I do think its the snap ring #15, I still have mine apart because the housing was so badly corroded (cracked and outlet sides broke when taking the hoses off since it had been together since 1972) I ended up buying a magna flow 1 inch pump, which was way to much water and I got the 3/4 inch housing which is just right for me and the flow of water (bbc 454) anyways I might be able to find it and see how I took it apart, im losing my memory with age and im not even that old ….
I've got snap ring #15 removed. All I have left in the pump body is the shaft, the 2 bearings, and the 2, #16 snap rings. Not sure what to do about the internal snap rings or does that come out as a whole unit ?

·
Muffler City
499 Posts
Thinking the shaft has to be stepped to locate the bearings inside the housing when the snap rings (16) are installed, shaft O.D. should be bigger between the bearings vs. the ends where you slip the bearings on.... should press out as a unit.. then you can get at those snap rings and swap out the bearings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got snap ring #15 removed. All I have left in the pump body is the shaft, the 2 bearings, and the 2, #16 snap rings. Not sure what to do about the internal snap rings or does that come out as a whole unit ?
I'm in this same situation and would love to hear the end of the story!
How did the shaft come out of the housing?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm in this same situation and would love to hear the end of the story!
How did the shaft come out of the housing?
Bob,

Since there was no damage, and the bearings spun freely, I just put mine back together the way it was. I wasn't comfortable pressing the shaft out, not knowing whether to press the shaft front to back, or the back of the shaft towards the front. I didn't want to take a chance on messing up a perfectly good pump.
Sorry I couldn't help you out.

Mod

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bob,

Since there was no damage, and the bearings spun freely, I just put mine back together the way it was. I wasn't comfortable pressing the shaft out, not knowing whether to press the shaft front to back, or the back of the shaft towards the front. I didn't want to take a chance on messing up a perfectly good pump.
Sorry I couldn't help you out.

Mod
Thanks for the reply! I was able to find a lightly used Neovane v755 that works great.
Never could find internal parts for it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts