Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vet left the scrotum on the dog. Is that normal? He didn't leave it on the cats when they were done about 5 years ago. I've never heard of that before. Any opinions?

·
6,873 Posts
Your a mean woman, Poor dog!!!!!!!!
To answer your question does seem odd, but I have no clue .

·
About 500' AGL
2,471 Posts
My vet left the scrotum on the dog. Is that normal? He didn't leave it on the cats when they were done about 5 years ago. I've never heard of that before. Any opinions?
He left the scrotum so the dog could try and salvage what little dignity he might have left. :p

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
We adopted a Ridgeback from the LA County shelter in Carson. I picked him up the day he was neutered the same way. Poor guy paced for days looking for his balls.... This was about 6 weeks ago.

All kidding aside, I think that its easier on the dog (no major cuts or stitches). And for the record, the scrotum has shrunk by at least a third, maybe more. It's definately less noticable.

-Justin

·
Registered
465 Posts
I had my dog neutered last year, full grown lab. I was surprised his sack was still there when I brought him home. It'll shrivel up and disappear in a few months.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought it might shrivel up. He doesn't seem to be licking the area too much. I think less now than when he had balls, LOL. The day he ended up halfway to HMs house was the day I'd had enough. Seriously, he was out at Audie Murphy ranch (with Dixie) begging food from the construction workers. They called me thank goodness. They could have been roadkill on Newport Rd. Maybe he'll stay closer to home now.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
golf ball comment killed me - lol
:D

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
my dogs have all had their sacks left. they shrivel up in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts