Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took grandkids out for ride, new motor running good about a couples miles before we get to the rampwater pressure pushed the gasket out of the thermosate housing, got the kids with hot water but no burns, I guess I need to check water pressure, also noticed that when you slow down temp goes way up then comes right back down and it never did that before it come up slowly to about 1/2 and stay till I speed up

·
Registered
394 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but that sounds similar to the problem I was having. Would the dump lines be the water injection to the headers (OTT headers), or would it be the bypass...or both?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
took grandkids out for ride, new motor running good about a couples miles before we get to the rampwater pressure pushed the gasket out of the thermosate housing, got the kids with hot water but no burns, I guess I need to check water pressure, also noticed that when you slow down temp goes way up then comes right back down and it never did that before it come up slowly to about 1/2 and stay till I speed up
First off! Glad the kids didn't get burned. second does it have a thermostat. If not you have a exit limiter somewhere holding the water in to long which is proven by the fact you need to get on it to cool it down. My 02. M

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no thermo, but line out the back flows better than it used to, headers a little less, I will put a new gasket and set up a pressure gauge, the only things changed were the heads and intake, thermo housing and lines are the same

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Where do you store the boat? outside? if so a "dirt dobber" as we call em down south will/can get deep in the line and block it up, and water will not get the clog out on its own most of the time.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well found the problem gasket surface on the intake( used) I will be sanding for a bit, everything else is good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts