7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lake Test on Saturday of Bob Leach's new Speedster... :cool:
Video Here

1200 Teague's and #6 Drives...ran 151 on the 2nd pass...:p

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
Looks really good , I'm sure it will really go when there is some real water for it to streach out its power to the fullest. Bad ass boat:D

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Lake Test on Saturday of Bob Leach's new Speedster... :cool:
Video Here

1200 Teague's and #6 Drives...ran 151 on the 2nd pass...:p
Shueman; two questions please. I assume that is Elsinore, looks like it and what do they say about speeds like that? 2nd is how, even with mufflers, do you not get complaints about the noise? Just wondering:confused:
I love all of it but it seems like the big brother syndrome is coming down on all of us everwhere.
Beautiful boat of course;) NSF

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Shueman; two questions please. I assume that is Elsinore, looks like it and what do they say about speeds like that? 2nd is how, even with mufflers, do you not get complaints about the noise? Just wondering:confused:
I love all of it but it seems like the big brother syndrome is coming down on all of us everwhere.
Beautiful boat of course;) NSF
Bobby, Elsinore does not check for noise and during the week there is no speed limit in the middle of the lake. On weekends there is.

Mike

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Bobby, Elsinore does not check for noise and during the week there is no speed limit in the middle of the lake. On weekends there is.

Mike
Isnt that something Mike, Havasu and you have to worry about being too loud but Elsimore you dont:confused:. Did john tell you how the river looked?? We went to the Avi to see "I am legend" (dont bother) and going up it looked sort of OK at the 40 but the bridge at the Avi was almost dry so be careful when you come up, of course you knew that already right? Bobby

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Isnt that something Mike, Havasu and you have to worry about being too loud but Elsimore you dont:confused:. Did john tell you how the river looked?? We went to the Avi to see "I am legend" (dont bother) and going up it looked sort of OK at the 40 but the bridge at the Avi was almost dry so be careful when you come up, of course you knew that already right? Bobby
Yeah they never check. The last time I was up it was the exact same way. I am actually going ot test the boat on Mohave in the weekend after new years. No river boating till Feb or March. Actually no more boaing till then anyways.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Shueman wrote:

1200 Teague's and #6 Drives...ran 151 on the 2nd pass
Well you normally do an awesome job posting photos... however you managed to omit those engine photos:D.

Teague 1200 and #6 drives I would like to see photos of that combination and the accompanying rigging under the hatch.

Beautiful boat and the speed is just insannnnnne--- hard to comprehend on the river or lake Havasu.

KAP

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...Teague 1200 and #6 drives I would like to see photos of that combination and the accompanying rigging under the hatch.
Not my shots... :D They were finishing the interior detailing just yesterday. We'll get some interior stuff shot today and tomorrow and post it up.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Mike
Correcto...high speed tests are run prior to 9am. No complaints, except for one lil ol lady at the NW end of the lake... :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
She should get together with the old fart in the golf cart at the ramp, sounds like a perfect couple. Great looking boat and it sounds even better, how long does Bob plan on keeping this one.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome boat...I bet Lake smell some more gets real small at 151 m.p.h.
Never noticed a smell, and I've been on that lake quite a few times. They have really done an excellent job treating the algae situation over the past two years.

One thing for sure, your boat comes out of that lake "spotless", not waterspots, oil slick line, dirty water line, etc. Nothing but a wet, clean hull to wipe down.

Much different at the river/Havasu.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's some updated pix from the Elim website, showing the interior and engine bay.

Boat ran in excess of 165 at Havasu last week, with more to go... :cool:

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Dear Shueman:

Thanks, for those photos of the engine and interior. Like I said that boat is outstanding in everyway. I would say only a handful [yea one hand at that] of boats that even come close to hitting those speeds.

The photos probably do not do it justice as they demonstrate some impressive workmanship. Those engine mounts are very custom and appear super strong---makes it all one piece tied in with the strut across the middle for more rigidity & strength. I would enjoy a technical walk through of the engine and drive assembly and the numerous custom modifications to acheive this end product.

Those 305 Whipples on top of those motors look nice and clean. I was never big on the quad rotor motors, unless it was a Mercury product. Personal preferences aside--- that is about as good as it gets in any boaters wish list.

Very truly yours,

KAP

1 - 20 of 25 Posts