Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would a brand new 525 cost? How much should installation cost? Just curious and wondering what the scoop is.

Tx

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
How much would a brand new 525 cost? How much should installation cost? Just curious and wondering what the scoop is.

Tx
id say under 30000 if i had to guess i think the motor by itself is 20000 to 25000 by itself dep on who you buy it from

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
id say under 30000 if i had to guess i think the motor by itself is 20000 to 25000 by itself dep on who you buy it from
I'm thinking this is low... last I checked, a used 525 with no headers or wiring harnes was 20.

I'm thinking a new motor is going to run 35 when it's all said and done.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
I'm thinking this is low... last I checked, a used 525 with no headers or wiring harnes was 20.

I'm thinking a new motor is going to run 35 when it's all said and done.
i was just baseing it on upgrade charges at the mfgs you numbers def make more sense

·
Still Boatless :-(
552 Posts

Tx

Tom, this is what the guys that took over Magic are pricing their engine installatlions (I think this was "Scepter #1):

On this build we went with:
Mercury 525 w/ B1 XR = $38,015
Full Hydraulic Steering = $4,575
Custom Tail Pipes = $1,900
Gattlin Mufflers = $1,100
HD Motor Mounts = $875
Prop = $475

This web site has the full prices for the different engines:

http://www.saylorcomputer.com/files/DCMPrices.pdf

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom, this is what the guys that took over Magic are pricing their engine installatlions (I think this was "Scepter #1):

HD Motor Mounts = $875
Prop = $475

Thanks Mike

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
manufactures upgrade prices seem to be around $20-23k above stock power. My guess is you can prolly find it just under $40k, however you need to consider single or dual hydraulic steering too, could be around 4-7k more...

·
BB572
227 Posts

HD Motor Mounts = $875
Prop = $475

That is my installed price for the 525 Scepter Cat that I did for a customer of LBYS. I did not take over Magic/Sleek. I have zero idea what Cougar is charging for anything.

Also, since July 1, 2009 Mercury bumped their prices. Right now they are holding the cost of the Mercury Racing series engines where they were last year, but no idea how long that is going to last. Everything else went up.

·
Registered
572 Posts
It's not that difficult to find out what dealer cost is and just for the record, motor package including 525 engine, XR drive, gimble, trim pump and a Merc 4 blade prop etc. shipping etc gets you close to $35,000.

When it comes to installing, are you referring to taking out one motor package and installing a new 525 package or are you referring to pulling out an old motor and installing
a new 525 motor only. If this is the case, swapping motor labor is probably $1200 to $1500 in labor but the little things can get pricey such as exhaust system changes and/or
alterations, new risers, different headers, ss polished exhaust pipes etc etc. If you're
changing out an entire package, add another $500 or so.

If you're referring to buying a Magic boat from LBYS and having a 525 Merc package installed including Merc 4 blade prop, 2 batteries and switch and cables, shipping, exhaust system, any necessary conversions from 10 pin to 14 pin connectors and we will insist that
you install either full hydraulic steering or at a minimum Dual Ram Assist Hydraulic Steering
for a grand total of $45,870 plus tax.

Does that answer your question?

Keith Sayre
Nordic Boats
928-855-7420

·
....at the Speed of Sound
696 Posts
Not exactly what you were asking for but I know Chris at Prestige has a used 525 for sale. Just a thought.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What exactly is the difference between full hydraulic steering and twin ram assist hydraulic steering? And how can you tell if the boat has one or the other? Thanks

G

·
What exactly is the difference between full hydraulic steering and twin ram assist hydraulic steering? And how can you tell if the boat has one or the other? Thanks
External assist uses a Brazil (sp) valve connected to the stock cable steering actuator while full hydraulic is hydraulic to the helm. No cable

·
MEDIUM PIMPIN!!!
1,494 Posts
The hydraulics also go all the way to the helm so you can literally drive your boat with a finger.

·
Registered
686 Posts
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM! There goes the fastest Bennington in the West :)

Assuming it works.....lol

I was thinking similair but add a larger prop and you fly that thing around havazoo. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts